Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-02-23 Forum Upgrade

Forum has been upgraded to version 1.8.37.

WARNING

After logging out of the forum I was not able to log back in.

I restored the database from the backup I made just before upgrading and I was still logged in on this computer. Whew.

I logged out on my iPad and could not log back in.

I created a new user account. That account was able to log in just fine. Then I logged out and that account can no longer log in.

I will see what I can learn about this problem.

Clearing cache and cookies did not solve the problem.

Asking the forum for a new password did not work. I got the password but it didn't log me in.

Problem solved. Logout and log back in works now.

I was looking at forum themes last month. Wanted to try and just add a quick secondary forum theme as a test. Sadly I couldn't do that since it requires me to have access to the webserver and actually add the image files to the file system.

I was looking at the igame theme. I made a very simple and quick logo that says "Hazeron Forum" and a nice screenshot of a ringworld as the background.

If you want to try installing it.

Attached Files
.zip   igame_#14_stable (Deantwo edit).zip (Size: 479.43 KB / Downloads: 2)
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

It does not sound like activation emails are being sent out for new account creations. Can you check that?

(02-24-2024, 12:55 AM)Deantwo Wrote: I was looking at forum themes last month. Wanted to try and just add a quick secondary forum theme as a test. Sadly I couldn't do that since it requires me to have access to the webserver and actually add the image files to the file system.

I was looking at the igame theme. I made a very simple and quick logo that says "Hazeron Forum" and a nice screenshot of a ringworld as the background.

If you want to try installing it.
Looks great, would be a lot better than what we currently have now, I miss the darker style of the old forum and this is pretty close to that
What even

It seems like the forum isn't sending out e-mail confirmations again. Can you check that?