Yesterday, 12:52 AM
Hello, Haxus.
I realize that you don't recognize my name, and honestly I dont even remember the name I used to play with way back in 2010 or so, but most anyone here could corroborate that I'm a very active member of the discord, which is pretty much the only active Hazeron community that exists today.
Hazeron is a special game. The fact that years after the MMO shut down there are still people who talk about it, care about it, and are willing to put in the work to bring it back, speaks to that. I feel that you may have been given a wrong impression of what the openshores project is, and what those involved were actually aiming to do. The intent was never to "steal" hazeron from you, or claim it as an original work, or anything of the sort. Some people just wanted to try and bring back the game they loved so much, and at the time felt like it wouldn't be stepping on any toes given both your transition to starship, and two years of inactivity. It appeared to everyone that you were done with multiplayer, and now also done with starship. It's even been said multiple times that if you yourself ever came out and asked the reverse engineering project to stop, it would stop. Everyone involved respects you and your wishes.
I'll say that I'm of the same mind as Expert, Norway, and all the others who've shared their misgivings. Aevaneur is a complete stranger to the people who are actually willing to put in the work for a project like this, and every communication between him and the members of the community have reflected VERY poorly on him. I can say with confidence that most if not all of the members of the community who are both willing and able to contribute would not be interested in working with/for him.
I realize that you don't recognize my name, and honestly I dont even remember the name I used to play with way back in 2010 or so, but most anyone here could corroborate that I'm a very active member of the discord, which is pretty much the only active Hazeron community that exists today.
Hazeron is a special game. The fact that years after the MMO shut down there are still people who talk about it, care about it, and are willing to put in the work to bring it back, speaks to that. I feel that you may have been given a wrong impression of what the openshores project is, and what those involved were actually aiming to do. The intent was never to "steal" hazeron from you, or claim it as an original work, or anything of the sort. Some people just wanted to try and bring back the game they loved so much, and at the time felt like it wouldn't be stepping on any toes given both your transition to starship, and two years of inactivity. It appeared to everyone that you were done with multiplayer, and now also done with starship. It's even been said multiple times that if you yourself ever came out and asked the reverse engineering project to stop, it would stop. Everyone involved respects you and your wishes.
I'll say that I'm of the same mind as Expert, Norway, and all the others who've shared their misgivings. Aevaneur is a complete stranger to the people who are actually willing to put in the work for a project like this, and every communication between him and the members of the community have reflected VERY poorly on him. I can say with confidence that most if not all of the members of the community who are both willing and able to contribute would not be interested in working with/for him.

