Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-05-09 Fleets, Starforce, C4 Doors, Shield Types

(05-09-2024, 10:14 PM)Haxus Wrote: Starforce
The addition of fleets introduced a nomenclature problem. Previously all government owned spacecraft were called fleet ships. Privately owned vessels are called company ships.

I struggle with this one. I almost went with Navy but that is just too nautical. Space Force? Not a chance. Space Fleet? Space Navy? Ho hum. Star Fleet? :/

Searching did not turn up any existing trademark on the term Starforce. There was a video game called Star Force, two words, but I figure that's no more of a problem than saying star fleet, instead of starfleet™. If anybody knows of a conflict please tell me and I will consider changing it.

I did in fact change the term Star Fleet Academy to Starforce Academy.

There is now a Starforce comm channel and a Fleet comm channel. The Starforce channel talks to all ships in your empire that are not fleet vessels under a flagship. In other words, only the flagships and ships not in fleets will answer on the Starforce channel. Of course, only ships with an officer will answer hails.

The Fleet channel communicates with other ships in the same fleet.

What if, when we name our Empire, there was another name box to name our military force?
That way, we could name it whatever we wanted?

Starforce isn't necessarily a bad name per say. It does the job. But it is a little cheesy. :P

I think an option to name it ourselves could only be a good thing?

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024-05-09 Fleets, Starforce, C4 Doors, Shield Types - by Norway174 - 05-10-2024, 01:58 PM