Hazeron Forums
2024-04-05 Undersea Buildings, Submarine Parking, Decorative Potted Plants - Printable Version

+- Hazeron Forums (https://hazeron.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Shores of Hazeron (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Updates (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: 2024-04-05 Undersea Buildings, Submarine Parking, Decorative Potted Plants (/showthread.php?tid=3087)

2024-04-05 Undersea Buildings, Submarine Parking, Decorative Potted Plants - Haxus - 04-05-2024

Undersea Buildings
Someone reported being unable to place a wharf at an undersea city. This prevented the undersea city from being connected by sea with surface cities that have wharves.

Fixed an error checking placement of coastal buildings at underwater cities.

Designed a few buildings specifically for undersea cities. They can be found in the exchange.
  • Undersea Capitol - I decided to give this building an interior, so I could go inside while building and managing my underwater city. It features a bottom entry up into a dive chamber, like on Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and other sea fiction. This presented some challenges because a number of small bugs prevented this from working properly; they are fixed.
  • Undersea Factory 5 - A basic factory with 5 shops.
  • Undersea Nuclear Power - Single generator nuclear power, nothing fancy.
  • Undersea Wharf - A simple wharf with a few submarine parking spots.

Submarine Parking
My submarine would not autopark itself at my undersea buildings.

Fixed.

Also fixed a positioning bug that would have pulled the sub down to its CG into the dirt if it had worked. They would also have been placed that way when fetched from a shipyard. That positioning is needed when placing water vehicles on the sea surface.

Decorative Potted Plants
Potted plant growth should not affect potted plants with DNA that is not viable, i.e. those put on static display. They are considered to be decorations.

Fixed. Decorative plants always appear at full mature size with flowers. 

The overall size, whether live or decorative, can still be adjusted with the pruning control on the flower pot. You can adjust the size without picking up the pot if you click on the control inside the lip of the pot. If you pick it up you can adjust the size on the item's properties in your gear but then a live plant must start growing all over again when you drop it.

Military Headquarters Flag
The flag at the Military Headquarters building is only visible from one side.

Fixed.

RE: 2024-04-05 Undersea Buildings, Submarine Parking, Decorative Potted Plants - Deantwo - 04-05-2024

(04-05-2024, 10:01 PM)Haxus Wrote: Undersea Buildings
Someone reported being unable to place a wharf at an undersea city. This prevented the undersea city from being connected by sea with surface cities that have wharves.

Fixed an error checking placement of coastal buildings at underwater cities.

Nice! Been waiting for this fix for a while.
Manly because I wanted to make my worlds harder to capture back in MMO universe 5.

But good to have it fixed finally! Now we can make undersea cities again.

RE: 2024-04-05 Undersea Buildings, Submarine Parking, Decorative Potted Plants - Haxus - 04-05-2024

Quote:Now we can make undersea cities again.

You were not prevented from making undersea cities. They just couldn't have a wharf. You could still build an undersea airport or connect the city by road with a city on land.

RE: 2024-04-05 Undersea Buildings, Submarine Parking, Decorative Potted Plants - Haxus - 04-05-2024

I forgot to mention one other thing. I eliminated the creation of the 'Daily Save' files. I didn't find them to be useful.

RE: 2024-04-05 Undersea Buildings, Submarine Parking, Decorative Potted Plants - Deantwo - 04-06-2024

(04-05-2024, 10:36 PM)Haxus Wrote: I forgot to mention one other thing. I eliminated the creation of the 'Daily Save' files. I didn't find them to be useful.

It was kinda useful for avoiding issues with updates. Maybe have it make an automatic save when you load a save-game on a new version of the game client?
Just need to be saved in such a way that they don't constantly make new saves every time you revert and start again.

Not major, and we can do it ourselves by just making a manual named save though.

RE: 2024-04-05 Undersea Buildings, Submarine Parking, Decorative Potted Plants - Haxus - 04-06-2024

Quote:we can do it ourselves by just making a manual named save

I found that to be far better. A date plus Daily Save tells me little.

RE: 2024-04-05 Undersea Buildings, Submarine Parking, Decorative Potted Plants - Celarious - 04-06-2024

Btw Haxus, did you see my last post about the fix we're waiting on with the wiki dark mode? Here https://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3077&pid=11804#pid11804