Once a solar system has been surveyed, it is forever marked as Surveyed on the star map for that empire. It is then possible for members of the empire to read the survey reports whenever desired.
Surveying a solar system can be done in three ways:
- Building a city with an observatory and airport radar in the system
- Giving the crew of a spacecraft with working sensors the "Solar System Survey Scan" order
The time it takes for crew to finish a system survey depends on a few factors:
- Number of celestial bodies in the system
- Sensor range category
- Rank of the crewman operating the sensor station
- Using the sensor station to manually survey the system
This will survey the system instantly
When selecting a surveyed solar system on the star map and choosing the "Survey Report" option, a window will open. The window displays a picture of the system and all the celestial orbits much like the one seen on a navigation station.
Select a celestial body to see its information. Selecting the system will give a list of wormholes and their destinations.
- Go to or build a city in the desired system
- Build an observatory
- Build an airport radar
- Make sure that the city has electricity
- Wait about half an hour
Survey a System:
- Using a spacecraft with sensors
- Travel to the desired solar system
- By crew order
- Give the crew the "Solar System Survey Scan" order
- Wait for the crew to finish the survey
- Man the sensor station
- Locate any celestial body on the sensor console and select it (even if out of range)
- Bring up the scan detailed information for the celestial body
- Get confirmation of completed surveying on the thoughts channel
- By crew order
View a System Survey:
- Open the Locator window (F7)
Indy Tools and Mods
- HazeronProspector - System survey report database and filter for Hazeron Starship.
For details, see the Indy Tools and Mods page.
Quotes from patch notes
|Related patch notes|
|Update 2014-06-27: System Survey Scan