Launch System Stuck

Problems with Shores of Hazeron

Launch System Stuck

Postby Vectorus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:19 pm

I attempt to launch a space vehicle. I get stuck in the pre-launch position. The vehicle cannot be moved, nor can the engine be powered off. I cannot exit the vehicle. The vehicle transporter cannot save me. After 5 minutes launch hasn't occurred and fuel is running low. Massive lag in the whole vicinity.

-Had to fix it by spawn recalling and blowing the thing up with a turret.

Is the hull obstructing the launch? There are door voids along the vector of launch, but the door geometry itself is modeled as a switch and coloured lights; it is not actually in the path of the launch tube.

(It would be helpful to get the arena working well with new designs so we can test this stuff before committing resources. Crew paths can also be a little sketchy.)
Last edited by Vectorus on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vectorus

Re: Launch System Stuck

Postby Vectorus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Supplementary space vehicle oddities (not worth another topic):

-The parked space vehicle sometimes disappears from the scene while the ship is in the atmosphere.
-The parking space and launch position decals/indicators are sometimes visible in the scene.

(Sorry if I'm doing something stupid and if it's actually just me)
Vectorus

Postby AnrDaemon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:27 pm

The vehicle itself disappears or just became invisible? I've had an incident a few days ago that vehicles vanished from the ship entirely. I could easily walk across the landing pad, and the usual bug with door did not manifest either.
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby Vectorus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:52 pm

[Circumstances did not allow me to test thoroughly, but I believe the vehicle disappeared completely, ceasing to obstruct movement (just as you describe). ] What is the related door bug?

EDIT: It happened again. Atmospheric transition (possibly while in top/over-the-shoulder view?) seems to have something to do with it. The parking spot decals appeared just as the vehicle disappeared.

This time I tested it. The vehicle was invisible, but it DID obstruct me and I was able to enter it. This made it reappear.

Vectorus

Postby Deantwo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:10 am

Vectorus wrote:Supplementary space vehicle oddities (not worth another topic):

Would prefer it if you make a separate bug report for each bug.
See: (Thread) Bug Reporting Procedure

That aside, the issue with vehicles vanishing while inside an atmosphere has been reported, I just forgot to post a bug report thread for it.

EDIT:
I made a bug report thread for it.
Here: (Bug report) Vehicles Vanish From Spacecraft Hangar When In Atmosphere
Last edited by Deantwo on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Vectorus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:49 am

Sorry Dean, you're quite right. I'll try to remember that in future. Will also try to make the report simpler.
Vectorus

Postby Deantwo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:03 pm

Also please provide the design ID so Haxus can test the design.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Return to Bug Reports