Free Camera Mode

Suggestions and ideas for improving Shores of Hazeron

Free Camera Mode

Postby Minty » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Now that we're jumping into the new building updates, and everyone's all excited to build massive, themed, floating cities, I've been thinking...

...maybe Hazeron should have a proper floating, untethered camera view, rather than being tied to your character and stuck top-down-ish? It sure would make building those cities much more manageable.

We can already do nearly every construction process from the Capitol (praise be to the best building), so it'd make sense if you could enter a better view from there - possibly a satellite or a 'drone' item could be required, or something, to justify it. I know Hazeron likes to carve its own path, but there's a reason cities skylines, dwarf fortress, sim city, and literally every other city building-y game doesn't make you run around as a character to get across the map.

Sure, spaceships let you move fast-ish, but that's kind of a shitty solution, and the backspace-camera is still really unwieldy.

Hell, the spaceship/building designer could benefit from such a camera mode, too, so you don't have to wrangle with being affected by inertia and slowly accelerating movement, which literally no other CAD software would ever do because it's such a ridiculously inconvenient thing.

What do y'all think?
Minty

Re: Free Camera Mode

Postby Trusin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:04 am

I always thought cities should be designed from the city center and then when approved they go out and start constructing it. maybe it lets you see a ghost image and move around freely a certain distance away from the capitol. or using the new jurisdiction system.
Trusin

Return to Arena of Ideas