New Resources Brainstorming

Suggestions and ideas for improving Shores of Hazeron

New Resources Brainstorming

Postby Deantwo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Ideas for new resources, I thought this could be a fun thing to brainstorm.
Lets keep it simple and civil.

Suggest resource names, their source or special requirements, and their technological uses. You don't have to come up with a full idea, just whatever you have in mind.

For example if you have any cool names for resources, fictional or otherwise. Maybe you have some interesting new harvest sources or mechanics. Or just a technological theme for a resource.

Currently we have:
  • Eludium, rocks that allow for anti gravity technology
  • Lumenite, crystals that allow for wormhole drive technology
  • Cryozine, gas that can be used to make super heat sinks
  • Phlogiston, mineral used in super batteries
  • Ioplasna, gas used to make forcefields and transporters
  • Magmex, magma that can be refined into a stronger type of metal
  • Myrathane, super cooled liquid used for nano manipulation
  • Polytaride, ???
  • Vulcanite, special ore that can produce even better metal
  • Bolite, ?...
  • Antiflux Particles, allows for warping of space-time used in faster than light travel
  • Borexino Precipitate, ...
Last edited by Deantwo on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Re: New Resources Brainstorming

Postby Deantwo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:01 pm

I'll go first.

Ever since we got underwater cities I have wanted some kind of seaweed farming. No idea what it could be used for, but it just sounds like an interesting idea.

I don't believe we have any advanced resources that allows for micronization, such as allow for very small super computers. Could be a requirement for all sorts of high tech eletronic devices.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Re: New Resources Brainstorming

Postby Phenoix12 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Deantwo wrote:Ever since we got underwater cities I have wanted some kind of seaweed farming. No idea what it could be used for, but it just sounds like an interesting idea.

If we ever get a decent overhull to the plants so that there can actually be underwater plantlife, coral, ect. then that would be awesome.

But onto the resourse idea...

Two different possible names for this one.
Entropite / Paradox Crystals
“A paradoxical material that exists and doesn't exist at the same time. All methods of isolating its base materials have met with failure but it's strange properties make for interesting possibility.”

A super rare material that could spawn in deep space between stars in some kind of special harvestable node. Each node would only have a finite amount and when gone or after a certain amount of time has passed it would disappear. More would re-spawn is some random location in the galaxy making hunting for this resource a priority for any empire who wishes to exploit it.

It's main purposes are for reality breaking technology. Engines that don't require fuel (at the downside of potentially ripping apart the ship if they get damaged or the QL is to low.)
Warp drives that can instantly transport you from one side of a galaxy to another... or even between galaxies. (Or deposit your ship into a negative dimension... aka destroyed.)
Weapons that can rend the very fabric of reality.
The possibilities are endless.
Phenoix12

Return to Arena of Ideas