New vehicle types with technology.

Suggestions and ideas for improving Shores of Hazeron

New vehicle types with technology.

Postby Hodo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:36 pm

Motorcycles, SUVs and APCs are great and all but they are so 20th century. Why not add some more sci-fi vehicles.

Hover cycles, they would be faster than current motorcycles and capable of crossing water but would have horrible handling.

Anti-grav SUVs, same speed as the current SUVs but capable of crossing water or magma.

Anti-grav APC, same as SUV but slightly faster than the stock APC.

I would also suggest the APC get a bit better traction, it is a tracked vehicle after all.
Hodo

Re: New vehicle types with technology.

Postby AnrDaemon » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:51 pm

1. How could they be distinguished one from another? Why would anyone prefer them over Space Transport, i.e.?
2. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7386
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby Deantwo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Hover/sci-fi ground vehicles would be cool yeah.
But I would rather that we get a way to customize or upgrade vehicles rather than just add more vehicles to the list.

If/when tanks actually become a thing, it would be nice if they could be upgraded to use hover/gravity movement rather than just wheels/tracks.

I don't know how important a Hover SUV or Motorbike would be, but would be cool.

Most of all don't want the vehicle list becoming twice as long with no real benefit.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Hodo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Your right more vehicles may not be great, but some tech upgrades to them would be.

That and the traction on the APC is horrid.
Hodo

Postby Deantwo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:14 pm

It is the only thing I liked about the "modeling designer" Haxus worked on last year.
The fact that each empire could get their own vehicles.

With the new ordinance system for Space Fighters, it would be possible to add a changable movement module I guess.
But it would feel silly to have to upgrade a vehicle every time you grab a new one.

It is already weird that Space Fighters now spawn with no weapons at all.
Would be nice if we could set an empire or factory standard/default.

I did already state that the whole vehicle production process should be changed.
See: (Idea thread) Vehicle Factory production change
It would be a good idea to change the UI too at that point maybe, so vehicles aren't treated merely like commodities.
See: (Idea thread) Rewrite spacecraft factory UI
Last edited by Deantwo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby DesertPlah » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:31 pm

Deantwo wrote:It is already weird that Space Fighters now spawn with no weapons at all.
Would be nice if we could set an empire standard/default.

This.

If/when AI piloting becomes a thing, I want to be able to build a carrier, have it load with fighters, and not have to go through each one outfitting each and every fighter.

Even if it doesn't become a thing, it irritates me. Still happy that we're having some kind of progress in this area.
Kax and Lana <3
DesertPlah

Postby ResonKinetic » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:59 pm

Deantwo wrote:But I would rather that we get a way to customize vehicles...

Deantwo wrote:The fact that each empire could get their own vehicles.

yessssssssss
ResonKinetic

Postby Deantwo » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:04 pm

Wormhole-drive upgrade for space vehicles.
Can limit it to only positive for low to mid TLs, since it is a smaller version of a full drive.

What about a mini warp-drive on a space rocket? Anyone?
Deantwo

Postby Renka » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:09 pm

New designer opens up some opportunities. Instead of upgrading after construction, make a specific design for your needs.

Personally, I'd continue using tracks long into TL32. Might not be as maneuverable, but definitely can take more of a beating.

That said, what I'd really like seeing is amphibious vehicles. And not just APCs carrying troops across the Ocean. With the addition of underwater cities, I can think of nothing more awesome than to land a ship on the surface of a planet, load a few APCs with troops, and drive down the beach, into the water, and crawl across the bottom of the ocean to run amok in an underwater city, possibly supported by tanks also going underwater.
Renka

Postby Deantwo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:49 pm

We may even get subterranean vehicles, so we can make vehicles similar to the Nod Subterranean APC. If it is waterproof​ too, well awesomeness.
See: Re: Update 2017-01-24 Design Online, Library and Exchange
Deantwo

Next

Return to Arena of Ideas