Equipment kits, pre-filled crates defined by Empire?

Suggestions and ideas for improving Shores of Hazeron

Equipment kits, pre-filled crates defined by Empire?

Postby the Lana » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:34 pm

So I've often thought to myself "Boy, it sure sucks to have to buy such and such or to remember such and such for every moon base, survival stash, avatar equipment loadout, etc."

That wasn't very clear, was it? Let me start over:

Crates, bags, or other containers that come with a pre-selected assortment of item, that get assembled (up to a limit?) at a particular building (broker?), which the player or even ships can purchase whenever they need to, say, build a moon colony on short notice.

The "designs", the list of items that go into the container, would be defined on an Empire-level, so that everyone in your empire has access to it at any (broker?).

Survival backpacks (knife, hammer, shovel, pistol, rations, etc), toolboxes (2 of some tools, 1 of another, etc), and other useful definables!
Just Lana :)
the Lana

Re: Equipment kits, pre-filled crates defined by Empire?

Postby Phenoix12 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:56 pm

I would like to second this idea.

Something along these lines would make it much easier to go out and build colonies. Just having to make one purchase of a 'colony in a create' or such would be amazing.

Even if it's not like just one item you can purchase but presaved shopping list you can just tell your ship to order without having to deal with mission disks would be nice also.
Phenoix12

Postby Mr. Mortius » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:26 pm

Couldn't you accomplish this by burning a mission to a disk with the list of materials you need?

Edit: Missed the "Without having to deal with mission disks" part of the above. Personally, I don't think that's much of an issue, but crates with equipment sets would be interesting to have.
Last edited by Mr. Mortius on Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Mortius

Postby the Lana » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:26 pm

Yes, the shopping list you could, no, you can't have prefilled crates via a mission disk. I am very much NOT asking for a "colony in a crate", let's not make pioneering TOO easy...
the Lana

Postby Jey123456 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:55 pm

id love to be able to just buy a tool kit, instead of buying every single tool manually (the toolkit would still be the same total size and everything, just a one purchase thing).

There are many other situations where it could be convenient, combat kit (armor + wep + ammo), starting kit (clothes, eva suit etc) this kind of thing, offcourse using a system defined by the empire and not predertermined.

Its only a convenience, but ive seen worse convenience to have :P.
Jey123456

Postby the Lana » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32 am

Also realized that a standard TL disk kit would be handy, too. Better than the usual "buy category tech disks".
the Lana

Postby ResonKinetic » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:35 pm

This is an excellent idea. Would make a lot of sense and streamline purchasing things.
ResonKinetic

Return to Arena of Ideas