Petition to put hazeron on steam

General discussion about Shores of Hazeron

Petition to put hazeron on steam

Postby Slaxx » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Please bring hazeron to steam, haxus. if not now, when then? you would get way more members that pay for your game when you release it now. spaceship designer is done and you might aswell bring it over to steam now to have way more people play your game. if you dont do it now, you will wait forever till you release it. i know you said when the create designer is ready but you said that a long time ago too about other things. grab your belt and do it already. pleaseeee. we want more players in hazeron.
Slaxx

Re: Petition to put hazeron on steam

Postby Deantwo » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:18 pm

The plan has been for a while now that Haxus will attempt Steam release/Greenlight/whatever after the new spacecraft and building designer is done and new creature update is implemented.

So far only the spacecraft update/designer is done.
Next is the list is building update/designer.

Here is a nice checklist:
  • [X] Spacecraft designer
  • [_] Spacecraft designer polish
  • [_] Building update
  • [_] Creature update
I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
Deantwo

Postby TartarusMkII » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:39 pm

I agree, the game is not ready, and I think Haxus knows the game is not ready. I trust Haxus does know when it will be ready for that. There ought to be no rush in it, because if the game isn't ready when it's released to Steam, it may get a poor reception that it cannot recover from.
TartarusMkII

Postby asphere8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:16 pm

I agree as well. The game's not quite ready yet. It's an amazing game, but I know far too many people I've showed Hazeron that blew it off on account of its looks and the sometimes-clunky controls and interactions. Beside that, the servers have difficulty enough with just a few active ships in a system. Imagine what would happen if hundreds of new players logged on at once. There's still work to be done to ensure the servers are capable of handling the load effectively.
asphere8

Postby Haxus » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:57 pm

I did want to wait until the new ship and building designs were done, before making a push for more players. That is not far off. Upgrading the buildings does not require an entirely new design environment. The building upgrade will build nicely off of what has already been done for spacecraft.

The main reason for holding back is a lot of new players would design space ships and buildings. Then their designs would suddenly become obsolete when the new ones were ready. That might likely alienate a lot of people.

I don't know if I can wait until the creature update is done, though I would like to. It bugs me that there is no visual difference between males and females. There is a lot of work and it will have little impact on existing players once it is finished. I would just need to offer an easy way for people to upgrade their avatar to use the new DNA. So, I might not wait that long.

Servers have achieved a high level of stability. It has been very nice letting them run for days or weeks, with little attention. There is enough horse power there to support a critical mass of players. Then I would consider adding more servers. Without adding more servers, it becomes the same old game of do more with less.
Haxus
Site Admin

Return to Cantina