2018-01-19 Empire Patents

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2018-01-19 Empire Patents

Postby Haxus » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:16 am

Empire Patents
Empire now stores patents.
  • Governance window has a new Patents page where you can record and get patents.
  • Recording a patent at a building immediately transmits it to the empire for storage.
  • When a building develops a patent, it is immediately transmitted to the empire for storage.
  • Buildings store the patents they use, mainly to accommodate buildings that are not part of an empire.
  • Buildings update their patents from the empire once very six minutes.
    • Universities get copies of all patents.
    • Buildings get copies of patents that are useful to their industry.
Empire DNA
When creating a new avatar, you can now choose your DNA from a list of all the capitol city DNA. This is not a change in capability over the way it used to be; it is just presented differently.

Personalized Invitations
Invitations to join an empire or teleport are now personalized with the recipients name, to make it clearer that the invitation is directed to a specific person. In fact, only the sender of the message and the invitee actually see the message, even on public channels like the Galactic channel.

Weapon Mode and Type Icons
The combo boxes for choosing DNA weapon mode and weapon type now show appropriate icons. These are the icons that appear on the screen when using various weapons.

Command Windows for Free Avatars
Free avatars who are an officer or crew can now access the unit orders and spacecraft windows.

Server Crash
Fixed a bug that caused several servers to crash. The cause was construction of a new style road or landscape with a length of zero.

Switch Avatar Empire Bug
Fixed a bug that caused empire data to be missing when you switched to a different avatar who is in a different empire.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2018-01-19 Empire Patents

Postby Deantwo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:44 pm

Construction window still cannot be opened as a free avatar.
See: (Bug report) Free Avatar can't open New-Style Construction Window

And I don't know if it is related to being a free avatar or not, but new-style buildings seem to be invisible to me. The ground didn't even change until I relogged.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Deantwo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:23 am

Haxus wrote:Personalized Invitations
Invitations to join an empire or teleport are now personalized with the recipients name, to make it clearer that the invitation is directed to a specific person. In fact, only the sender of the message and the invitee actually see the message, even on public channels like the Galactic channel.

I have been wondering for a while, is there anyway you can color messages that are not visible to everyone?
For example if I send you a teleport invitation, only the two of us can see it, but there is no way to see that this is the case. Maybe if you colored the background color of these messages purple or something, and write in the tooltip who can see the message.

It will also add more awareness to messages that are just for you.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Haxus » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:23 pm

color messages that are not visible to everyone

Good idea.
Haxus
Site Admin

Return to Updates