2018-01-02 Landscape Plants, Sea Chests, Lost Gas Giant City

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2018-01-02 Landscape Plants, Sea Chests, Lost Gas Giant City

Postby Haxus » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:31 am

Landscape Plants
Plants now appear at shrub and tree landscape blueprint locations. Plants designated as agricultural will create a bare spot on the terrain at the plant site. When placed in rows, this contributes to the appearance of rows at farms and orchards. Non-agricultural plants do not modify the underlying grass coverage.

Agricultural Site
The field areas of the default agricultural site were previously configured to remove all grass. This was changed so they leave the natural grass alone. Combined with rows of agricultural plants on the site, this can help to make the appearance of rows.

Site Origins
The origin of the default sites was moved. On most sites, the site origin is now at the front/road side edge of the site. This make aligning the site with the altitude of a road much easier. One exception is the coastal site, which has its origin at the back edge, so that it can be placed on land above the water, with the site extending as far toward the water as possible.

This is just for convenience. The origin of your sites can be anywhere within the box extents of the site.

Building Blueprints on Web
Building blueprints now appear on the Blueprints page of the web site. As with spacecraft blueprints, only those that are published for access by everyone are listed.

Road Construction
Roads now get construction labor applied to them. The only requirement is that the civilized world population is not zero. Civilized world population is the sum of old city populations and new building resident populations.

Building Placement Errors
Fixed errors in the code that analyzes the site for the building you are placing. This sometimes caused incorrect errors to be reported and it also caused a huge slowdown, in some cases.

Building Align
New buildings can now be aligned to existing buildings and roads. When obstructed by a building, the cursor turns red. Press space bar to align to whatever is obstructing the building.

Roads do not obstruct construction. If the origin point of the new building falls within a road, the road outline will get brighter. Push space bar to align to that road.

Building Front Indicator
An arrow appears on the building outline when placing a new building, to indicate its origin and front facing direction.

Globe Texture Error
Fixed a texture error at the 180 degree E/W seam of globes. The error was introduced by some speed optimizations that were made once.

Claim Flag on Map
The claim flag now appears on the world map as a purple dot, the same color as town square flags.

Capitol Building Blue
Capitol building now creates a blue dot on the world map, instead of using the same purple color as flags.

Rename Building
Rename building now works.

Building Page Format Error
Fixed an error on the building page of the Shift+F7 window that caused the quality of operation to show only Q.

Sea Chests Restored
Restored the contents of all sea chests that were lost during the Sept 29 update, when Tech Level was removed. The lost sea chest contents were added to the current contents. No items were overwritten or discarded. Sea chests that end up with more than the allowed 100 items will simply not allow any new items to be added to them until the count goes below 100.

Fog Bug on Atmosphere Entry
Objects on the ground turn white when I enter the atmosphere. Fixed a fog calculation error.

Top Down View Fog Bug
Objects on the ground turn white when viewed from orbit, if I switch to top down view. Fixed a fog calculation error.

Later...

Gas Giant Cities Lost
Fixed a bug that caused cities on gas giants to stop being listed in your empire's list of cities. They should be listed again once the servers come up.

Jump Aboard Ship
Someone said jumping while aboard a ship was weird. I tried it and got some strange behavior; my guy went through the jumping motions but did not go anywhere. I made a very tiny change that may help. Please try now.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2018-01-02 Landscape Plants, Sea Chests Restored

Postby Haxus » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:10 pm

This update introduced an error that causes a lockup or crash when attempting to place an old-style mine or well.

I am building an update now, to fix the problem.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2018-01-02 Landscape Plants, Sea Chests Restored

Postby Haxus » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:20 pm

The servers are restarting with the fix to the mines and wells.

I will post the client updates as they finish building.

Clients Posted
OSX 10 for OpenGL 4.1
OSX 10 for OpenGL 3.2
Windows x64
Mint 18
Windows x32
Fedora 25
Debian 8
Ubuntu 16
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2018-01-02 Landscape Plants, Sea Chests, Lost Gas Giant

Postby Deantwo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:23 pm

Haxus wrote:Sea Chests Restored
Restored the contents of all sea chests that were lost during the Sept 29 update, when Tech Level was removed. The lost sea chest contents were added to the current contents. No items were overwritten or discarded. Sea chests that end up with more than the allowed 100 items will simply not allow any new items to be added to them until the count goes below 100.

So did anyone have some QL 255 tech disks in their sea chests?
I sadly didn't. T_T
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Re: 2018-01-02 Landscape Plants, Sea Chests, Lost Gas Giant

Postby AnrDaemon » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:56 pm

All TL disks were removed from sea chests, it seems :)
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Return to Updates