2017-12-28 Bugs

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2017-12-28 Bugs

Postby Haxus » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Declare Home and Recall Home
Declare home and recall home now work at the new buildings. Recall takes you outside the building for now, until some work is done on using the interiors of the new buildings.

Lighting Errors
Fixed a few different lighting errors when rendering the new buildings, roads and flag poles.

Personal Light Broken
The light emitted by your personal light was broken in a recent update. It is fixed.

Old Roads Disappear in Vehicle
Fixed a bug that caused road surfaces in old style cities to disappear when you were aboard any vehicle.

Biodome Plants and Rocks Missing
No plants or rocks were created inside a biodome. The bug was caused by a fissure geological feature. It accidentally reported that no plant life was permitted anywhere on the planet, instead of just within the confines of its cone. This disparity caused the biodome to appear to hide all rock resources, because it believed the vegetation density was too high for them to be visible.

Bulldozer Precedence
Bulldozer now finds craters and new style roads and buildings before finding old style cities, including biodomes. Previously, it was impossible to bulldoze a crater that was inside a biodome.

Top Down View Icons
New buildings and roads now show icons in top down view. The flags overlay will show flags at military HQ and capitol buildings and at the world claim flag. No city name is reported for buildings that are not part of a city. At present, none of the new buildings are part of a city. That is unfinished.

Jump Stamina Bug
Jumping only seems to use stamina for an instant, then I get it all back. That bug was fixed.

Jumping is Weird
Jumping was a lot easier when I could just push the jump button. I don't like the way it works now, where you have to hold down the button then let it go to jump.
  • Jump key now jumps. No hold down is needed/wanted/expected.
  • Jump power is adjusted using J and Shift+J keys, configured on avatar settings.
  • Jump power is shown as a coiled spring on the screen above your hit points bar.
  • Jump power spring maximum visibly shortens as your burden increases.
Move Power
Movement can sometimes be too fast, especially for really speedy creatures. Movement power got similar treatment as jump power did.
  • Move power is adjusted using M and Shift+M keys, configured on avatar settings.
  • Move power is shown as a compressed muscle on the screen above your hit points bar.
  • Move power muscle maximum visibly shortens as your burden increases.
Personal vs Vehicle Indicators
On screen indicators for personal health, etc. and that of your vehicle are now backed by a transparent region to separate/group them. A very slight rearrangement was made to vehicle indicators to keep them more compact.

Cities Claim Worlds
When the servers are restarted, all old style cities will claim their world for their empire if all cities on their world belong to the same empire.
  • The oldest city will stake the claim.
  • The claim flag will appear at the town square flag location.
  • The claimant name will be the founder name of the city. Founder name started getting stored after a lot of cities were already built so it can be empty. In that case the claimant name will be the city name.
Tilted Flag Pole
The claim flag pole was tilted on worlds with no atmosphere, due to a bug in the wind calculation.

Spacecraft Fires
Fires and acid aboard spacecraft now act the same as fires and acid on other things. Fires can be lit when the ship is extremely damaged. Fires are not lit simply by heat damage. Acid is inflicted by acid weapons. Fire and acid are extinguished when any repairs are applied to the ship, including by hand.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2017-12-28 Bugs

Postby AnrDaemon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:18 pm

Haxus wrote:[b][color=#8080FF]Jumping is Weird

It is still weird. When you finally realize, that jump power is perfectly adjusted by walk speed already and don't need twisted fingers on the keyboard?
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby Haxus » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:44 pm

Perhaps I was not clear that the jump power setting and move power setting never change from where you set them. You can find just the right jump/move power and leave them there. The settings are stored with your avatar so they survive restarts.

Then when you want to jump, you just push the space bar.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby AnrDaemon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Perhaps I wasn't clear, but that just defeats the entire purpose of creating a custom race.
If you can't handle jumper, don't create jumper. It's simple.
You already have 3 (three) readily available movement speeds. Crouch-walk-run.
You already have three readily available jump powers derived from the three movement speeds.
The only problem with current jumpers is that spring. NOTHING ELSE. THE SPRING ITSELF IS A PROBLEM.
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby TestAccount » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:40 pm

Does that mean jump speed will be seperated from the characters momentum? or will "bunny hopping" be a thing again where you can get to be jumping faster then cars?
In game name: Etgfrog
TestAccount

Postby Vectorus » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Could we have some way of switching between the various things a bulldozer may find?

I'm still having a host of nasty problems caused when I stupidly deleted a design from the spacecraft library, while copies of that design existed in the game. I don't think anyone else has been foolish enough to do this yet, but it's only a matter of time.
Vectorus

Postby Haxus » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:42 pm

It is ok to delete a design from the library, even if it has been made. I do it all the time.

Was a problem created by doing so?
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Deantwo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:21 pm

Haxus wrote:Jumping is Weird
  • Jump power is adjusted using J and Shift+J keys, configured on avatar settings.
Move Power
  • Move power is adjusted using M and Shift+M keys, configured on avatar settings.

Instead of just more weird hotkeys, why not add a couple of sliders to the Bio window's biology tab?

Vectorus wrote:
Haxus wrote:Bulldozer Precedence
Bulldozer now finds craters and new style roads and buildings before finding old style cities, including biodomes. Previously, it was impossible to bulldoze a crater that was inside a biodome.

Could we have some way of switching between the various things a bulldozer may find?

This.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Haxus » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:44 pm

why not add a couple of sliders to the Bio window

Not handy enough.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Vectorus » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:46 am

Haxus wrote:Was a problem created by doing so?

Quite a big one: I had assumed this was the cause. Copies of the design moored at my shipyard became impossible to interact with (stations, berths etc. malfunctioned). My report has details:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9411

"unanalyzed" designs are still blocking new spacecraft from spawning, even though I managed to unmoor them and make them fall to the ground several days ago.
Vectorus

Return to Updates