2017-12-15 Bulldozer and Bugs

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2017-12-15 Bulldozer and Bugs

Postby Haxus » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:45 am

Bulldozer
Bulldozer now destroys new style buildings. It is the same command whether you invoke it from the old or new construction windows. It will destroy both old and new style buildings.

Wind Direction
Wind direction was calculated incorrectly in most cases. It is now correct and consistent between precipitation, flags, and plant movement.

Claim Flag
The claim flag is now rendered on gas giants and ringworlds.

Private Security Contractor
The police academy was changed to Private Security Contractor. The button was moved to the Housing category because that is all it really does, provide housing. It had nothing to do with police and everything to do with providing troops to company ships so this is more appropriate.

Police Station
I liked the icon for the police academy so it became the police station icon.

Effect Lighting
Muzzle flashes and explosions are now light sources.

Site Preparation
Building sites now remove grass, shrubs, trees and rocks properly, according to the site mesh properties. This will appear correct when you next log in. The blueprint and building do not need to be touch or updated.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2017-12-15 Bulldozer and Bugs

Postby Deantwo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:18 am

Haxus wrote:Image
Private Security Contractor
The police academy was changed to Private Security Contractor. The button was moved to the Housing category because that is all it really does, provide housing. It had nothing to do with police and everything to do with providing troops to company ships so this is more appropriate.

You could make us able to get a list of security related jobs there, similar to the old job list.
The name of the building almost sounds like that is what you would do in such a building.

Broker building could get a list of trade/transport jobs.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Haxus » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:43 am

I forgot to make the private security contractor building require an office. I made this change but it will not take effect until the next update.

If you design a private security contractor, be sure to include space for an office.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Vectorus » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:58 am

Trying to place any building more complicated than featureless blocks seems excessively slow.

I am sure some improvement is in the works. Nevertheless, even a moderately detailed design slows the game to less than a frame every ten seconds when checking for obstructions, at the placement stage. [Since the checking starts the moment you click the building type, this makes it very difficult to use the drop-down menu to change back from a complex to a simple design. EDIT - you can just mouse over instead] In some cases, the framerate is so slow that the game will not recognize a keypress such as 'Escape', forcing me to log out.

Perhaps just check that the site meshes do not overlap, rather than locating every vertex (or whatever is happening now?)
Vectorus

Return to Updates