2017-12-07 Bug Fixes

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2017-12-07 Bug Fixes

Postby Haxus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:29 pm

Server Crash
A server crashed when a building tried fetching resources from multiple sources.

Server Deadlock
A server locked due to a thread deadlock. I believe the problem is fixed. We'll see.

Claim Mechanics
Deantwo pointed out that the claim could be accomplished by clicking with the flag, instead of adding a hotkey. I agreed, wished I had thought of it. :oops: Thank you Dean for steering me straight on this before too many people got accustomed to the hot key.

Now you simply target the terrain and click with the flag in hand to claim the planet. The flag pole appears at the exact location that you target.

Quitting a claim is now a button on the Cities page of the Governance window.

Hot keys for claiming and unclaiming were removed.

Claim as Diplomatic Incident
Hijacking someone else's claim to a world now records it as a diplomatic incident in their dossier. This type of incident can be a war trigger. The default is one incident results in war. I am not sure if existing empires will show this as a trigger. A little more work by me may be needed to get this right.

Star Fleet Academy
A new building was added to the military buildings category. It will act like a barracks and accumulate a population. That will be your source of crew and officers for fleet spacecraft, when I work out the details.

Power Production Bug
Fixed a bug that caused power production to use up all available fuel, instead of stopping when the available storage was full. This also affected production of all other commodities.

Population Growth
The code for growing population at the new buildings was tweaked. I am still working on a rate that I am happy with. Rate of population growth from the environment of habitable worlds is now less on small worlds and more on larger worlds, max on ringworld arcs; it is slightly faster on a world good enough to qualify as a home world.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2017-12-07 Bug Fixes

Postby Deantwo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:06 pm

Haxus wrote:Claim Mechanics
Deantwo pointed out that the claim could be accomplished by clicking with the flag, instead of adding a hotkey. I agreed, wished I had thought of it. :oops: Thank you Dean for steering me straight on this before too many people got accustomed to the hot key.

You are welcome. ^^

Haxus wrote:Claim as Diplomatic Incident

Love more dossier entries. Since they are the main information you get when offline.
Kinda wishing I could see what dossier messages my empire is creating too though, such as when one of my empire members capture another empire's spacecraft...

Haxus wrote:Image
Star Fleet Academy
A new building was added to the military buildings category. It will act like a barracks and accumulate a population. That will be your source of crew and officers for fleet spacecraft, when I work out the details.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. Now that you mentioned it, it just makes sense!

Haxus wrote:Power Production Bug
Fixed a bug that caused power production to use up all available fuel, instead of stopping when the available storage was full. This also affected production of all other commodities.

THANK YOU!
This has been a thorn in the side for too long.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Haxus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:48 pm

I will add a homes requirement to universities. Then they could be your source of crew for company spacecraft, corresponding to the academy for fleet spacecraft.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby QuakeIV » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:57 pm

That could be fun.

'Nuclear terrorists destroy capital starfleet academy. Fleet replenishment to be suspended for forseeable future'.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.

Vae Victus
QuakeIV

Postby Haxus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:18 pm

Deantwo wrote:Kinda wishing I could see what dossier messages my empire is creating

The murder. The mayhem. The destruction. Mostly aboard my ship. :o

It might be best if you didn't know. :lol:

I found myself wishing I could use the diplomacy interface to reply to a given incident, like with a demand for accountability or action. I suppose a diplomatic message would work. A way to reference the incident in the reply would be nice, as proof.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Deantwo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:23 pm

Haxus wrote:
Deantwo wrote:Kinda wishing I could see what dossier messages my empire is creating

I found myself wishing I could use the diplomacy interface to reply to a given incident, like with a demand for accountability or action. I suppose a diplomatic message would work. A way to reference the incident in the reply would be nice, as proof.

Yeah, since the other party doesn't have a list of the things they did towards you. Kinda missing a "Sent" folder... not sure how that would work though.

As for diplomatic messages, a way to see that the recipient has changed the status of a message from NEW to something else would be useful. So I know if they have even read my ultimatum... >_>
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Haxus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:29 pm

a way to see that the recipient has changed the status of a message from NEW to something else would be useful

:lol:
I knew someone long ago that used to send every email with return receipt requested. The Eudora mail program would prompt you to send those receipts, individually. I would read the mail then keep them in my mail box for weeks before sending the receipt on a message, if I did at all.

It is a form of surveillance. I do not approve. Sorry.

I had a difficult time adding lists of people on line to the game or the web site for that very reason.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Minty » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:34 pm

oh man i don't know bout that accountability idea, just seems like too much, i don't think we need that in the video game my man,
Minty

Postby Ikkir Isth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:27 pm

Haxus wrote:It is a form of surveillance. I do not approve. Sorry.

I had a difficult time adding lists of people on line to the game or the web site for that very reason.

Surveillance is the hip new thing though! Even then, I have a feeling if they called it Surveillance book it wouldn't have as many users though....
Making things with OpenGL: Image
Working on- an exploration game.
@Ikkir_Isth
Ikkir Isth

Postby Minty » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:10 am

if you really wanted to maintain anonymity but still have courtesy features like the Read thing, you could just add it, but let people turn it off. (including letting people choose whether they appear on the online lists by name. or, wait, is that already possible?)
Minty

Next

Return to Updates