2017-12-06 Claims, Buildings and Bugs

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: 2017-12-06 Claims, Buildings and Bugs

Postby Deantwo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:14 am

Sylin wrote:Hey Haxus, I'd asked in another thread how the changes were working. I'm playing on the PvE server and noticed the classic airport isn't grabbing resources from another world in the same system.

Are these changes live, and is there a trick to making them work?

As far as I understand, the change to airport is only for the new-style buildings. So an old-style airport building will not important while under construction.

Ikkir Isth wrote:Also, cant appear to swap quarry/mine to actually mine ore.

If you are using Haxus's tiny "Quarry" design, it might be too small to have a mining process.
At least if I am understanding correctly, a mime with not enough shop space can't mine anything but stop.
See:
Haxus wrote:A mine blueprint with no shop is permitted, to make it easier for stone age people to get started. A mine with no shop is only allowed to do one thing, mine stone. Various bits of code were changed to enforce this limitation on mines. The Quarry design in the exchange is one of these.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Deantwo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:28 am

Is a building that harvest from physical resources (rocks for mines and trees for logging camps) limited by the number present at/under the building's site?

For example if I build a mine with 200 shops, will it be able to use all 200 manufacturing lines to mine ore? Even if the location only have 10 ore rocks? Or is the mine limited by the number of rocks at the location like old-style buildings are?

I am guessing mining stone and drilling water is except from this limit. Since stone might be collected from any rock type or at least allow new players to mine stone in a forest without rocks, but at a slower rate. And of course drilling for water can be done anywhere.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Grain de sel » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:45 am

Postby jakbruce2012 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:30 am

"I tried building a bit with the new buildings in an empty solar system. I cannot figure out how to get any materials to it. The ship cannot sell to nearby cities, and the mine will not pick up stone dropped on it's pad for construction"

we should be able to sell materials to the unachieved broker
Grain de sel

Postby Vectorus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:21 am

Haxus wrote:This update is dedicated to the following cartoon

So, we have found his weakness at last...
(Thanks for that)

Haxus wrote:enabling people to live in one city and work in another.

What does this mean for population limits? If I'm reading it correctly, I could have a moon of diameter 1800m, with 1000 jobs-worth of processes running. These could be staffed by citizens from a 3000 population planet without exceeding the moon's limit. Or is does it only work for ground connexions? I quite like the idea of people getting in their little space-cars like George Jetson.

Haxus wrote:Ship Blueprint Kills Server

Do we need to know the details for our future designs, or should whatever it is be fixed for good?

Haxus wrote:The rate of immigration from the environment is four citizens per game day. That's one every 12 minutes.

Per game day per what? Per building? So a city with 200 houses would fill 800 citizens every day? Or per world/city? This seems to be either much slower or much faster than with old cities, which I think peak at 88 citizens per day (22 per tick)

Finally, does making a road model affect the surface itself, or only the enclosure? It would be useful to have fine control over the surface texture, pavement height, gutters, lamp posts etc. A metalled surface with big yellow stripes obviously doesn't suit all national aesthetics. Presumably you could just define the enclosure such that its geometry hides the default surface.
Vectorus

Postby AnrDaemon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:44 am

Haxus wrote:Buildings interconnect as soon as they are placed on the terrain while still under construction, including wharfs and airports. They have immediate access to import construction materials and workers via those connections. That first moon base will be much easier to build now. Likewise when building a wharf elsewhere on your world to get a new town started.

At least limit these "unfinished connections" to local city (world). If other cities start to import materials from the city you build, it will make the situation even worse.
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby AnrDaemon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:51 am

Haxus wrote:Buildings with construction or manufacturing jobs will now employ citizens to work those jobs. People are employed from all connected buildings, enabling people to live in one city and work in another.

So, they can live on the planet and work at the moon? What the reason to have population restrictions at all then?
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby Deantwo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:28 am

AnrDaemon wrote:
Haxus wrote:Buildings with construction or manufacturing jobs will now employ citizens to work those jobs. People are employed from all connected buildings, enabling people to live in one city and work in another.

So, they can live on the planet and work at the moon? What the reason to have population restrictions at all then?

I would imagine to give you a reason not to build all homes on one world.

Being able to have citizens live on the homeworld and work on the moon is great for getting started. But if there is no "over population" issue to worry about, you won't have an incentive to expand cities to other worlds in the solar system.

And to be fair, 1000 population cap is more than enough for most solar systems. Only really your main production hubs need more than that.
Besides, over population is just a small morale penalty and increased chance for disease outbreaks, not the end of the world.
Deantwo

Postby jakbruce2012 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:15 pm

Grain de sel wrote:Re: 2017-12-06 Claims, Buildings and Bugs

Postby jakbruce2012 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:30 am

"I tried building a bit with the new buildings in an empty solar system. I cannot figure out how to get any materials to it. The ship cannot sell to nearby cities, and the mine will not pick up stone dropped on it's pad for construction"

we should be able to sell materials to the unachieved broker

This does not work either.
jakbruce2012

Postby Haxus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:06 pm

I checked the code. I was in correct in stating that workers can be pulled from other worlds. That is not true. Commodities are imported from other worlds but not workers.

Some jobs are considered essential. They will take workers away from non essential jobs. All construction is considered essential so be careful not to use up all your workers doing it. Food production is essential if the particular food-producing building is extremely low on food.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Haxus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:07 pm

I haven't finished the comm interface with new buildings yet. You can't talk to them yet.
Haxus
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Updates