2017-11-03 Lost Gas Giant Cities

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2017-11-03 Lost Gas Giant Cities

Postby Haxus » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:03 am

Lost Gas Giant Cities
Fixed database maintenance code that was deleting orphaned cities. Gas giants were not considered valid in the verification process.

No Animals on Farms
Farms in environments without animals will not spawn a farm animal from a DNA sample. That was fixed.

System Survey Scan Sort
The list is now sorted, of resources shown when a world is selected on the survey scan solar system diagram.

Storage Jewelry Patent
The jeweler can develop a patent to combine jewelry with storage devices. The processes to make those devices now require that patent. :roll:

Record Patents Bug
When recording patents the list did not include all the patents in my gear. That is now fixed.

System Survey Scan Bug
Some systems were showing a detailed scan report that did not match the actual planets in the system. This was fixed. It happens in systems that were generated before a certain change that affected the algorithm. The algorithm was changed to not be susceptible in the future but the effect on the old systems cannot be undone.

They are now treated as an exception, by system id. If those systems ever get regenerated due to decay, they will be regenerated using the new algorithm and will no longer match the old scan results. The exceptions list would then need updating, something that can be done easily by me with an SQL query. As it happens, the exceptions list only affects the client program and I provided a way for the end user to remove individual systems from the exceptions list, if needed before the next regular client update.

Later...

Buying and Commissioning Spacecraft
Fixed bugs in the user interfaces and on the server that made buying or commissioning a spacecraft impossible, including one case that caused the server to crash.

City Revolt Nerf
Cities will no longer revolt until that code is enabled again. The broken refinery processes causes a lot of discontent.

Ship Build Queue
Ship build queue loses my selection constantly, too fast to delete an item. That was fixed. Unfortunately, when you do delete an item id does not disappear from the list. This is a client update error. It is gone if the client restarts. You can just ignore it for now. I will fix the code to trigger an update.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2017-11-03 Lost Gas Giant Cities

Postby Deantwo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:17 am

Haxus wrote:Lost Gas Giant Cities
Fixed database maintenance code that was deleting orphaned cities. Gas giants were not considered valid in the verification process.

Wait, verification process just deletes stuff? Why isn't it just announcing the "error" so you can investigate? ^^;
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Haxus » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:26 pm

My shoes are melted from stamping out so many fires.

I hope things return to the normal background roar now. The term background radiation comes to mind. It sounds cozy and warm.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Haxus » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:11 pm

Jinx. Rollback. :twisted:
Haxus
Site Admin

Return to Updates