2017-10-27 Storage Devices, Gas Giant Clipping, Bugs

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2017-10-27 Storage Devices, Gas Giant Clipping, Bugs

Postby Haxus » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:33 pm

Storage Devices
Two new storage device commodities were added, a thumb drive and a storage crystal.
ImageImage
  • Each of them can store blueprints and patents. The crystal holds more.
  • Drag blueprints or patents or other storage devices onto a storage device to copy data to it. The dragged item is unchanged.
  • Right-click on one to manage its contents, limited to just deleting unwanted things right now.
  • Storage devices are usable in most places where you could use a blank disk or design disk previously.
  • Old style building and spacecraft designs cannot be stored on them.
Gas Giant Atmosphere Clip
Fixed a bug that caused the atmosphere of a gas giant to be clipped strangely when viewed from near orbit.

Request Patents Window
The button to get a patent now opens a window that lets you pick more than one, mainly for quick copy to a storage device. You can also pick the specific media now, instead of it picking one at random. Paper and blank disks are still limited to only one patent, so multiple selection will only copy one of them.

Decal Screens
Control station screens are now rendered properly, like a decal, when placed coplanar with an existing face. Existing models will benefit from this fix without any changes.

Unit Gear Crash
Fixed a crash that happened when trying to remove gear from a troop using the Unit Orders window.

Gas Giant System Scan
System scan report for gas giants now shows its sea level radius in the hydrosphere section and its core radius in the geosphere section. This was already done on the sensor screen but was overlooked on the reports. The geosphere radius is also included in the XML data. Potential biological resources for gas giants are also reported now.

Rain Background Tone
The rain sound was replaced once again after a background tone in the current rain sound drove me crazy. :lol:

Capital Building Request Report
The capital building window now has a button to request the most recent city report from that city. This is identical to right-clicking on the city on the cities list on the governance window. It is just a convenience to put it there.

Report Window Request Report
City report window now has a button that requests the next city report. The icon on the button flashes when the next report is estimated to be ready, based on the time that has passed. Pushing it closes the current city report window and requests the next one. As before, each new report actually includes the last two, so you can compare them using the slider control at the top.

Adamantine Patent Fail
The process for developing the patent for smelting adamantine is fixed.

Road Bottom Faces
Road bottom surfaces are sometimes exposed. Bottom faces were added to eliminate the transparent road effect when looking up through them from the bottom.

Electronic Part Patent
Mechanical part is no longer a modifier to the process of developing the electronic part patent. It is now an electronic part as intended.

Top Down Information Overlay
Text appears briefly to identify the overlay information, when switching to top-down view and when switching between information overlays, using \ and Shift+\.

No Empty "Spawn Location"
I saw this message at a vehicle factory. Vehicles aren't fish so I changed it to say "Parking Spot" instead. I changed it at the spacecraft factory too.

Black Commodity Icons
Some commodity icons are hard to see, especially at night on terrain, coal and oil for example. I added a little halo to those pictures so they would show up better on a dark background.

Company Spacecraft Max Q
Changed the max quality combo box to a spin box. 256 choices in a combo box is a bit much. I already changed all the others but somehow missed that one.

Server Crash
A hand full of server crashes over the past week were all caused by the same bug. I have been patiently restarting those servers until I could post this update. That crash should go away now.

Stargate Clipping Bug
Stargates appear broken because they get clipped away from the scene as you approach them. That is fixed.

New Shipment Layout Error
Fixed a layout error on the dialog for creating a new shipment. It caused the TEU image and associated information to be positioned incorrectly.

Road Across Ocean Bug
Deantwo demonstrated an odd bug involving a road across an ocean. I think that bug is fixed. Testing is needed.

Big Gas Giant Creatures
Someone asked that those rare creatures in the depths of gas giant seas should be huge. Creatures can appear in the seas of gas giants if they have exotic atmosphere. They are only supposed to be deep sea creatures, inhabiting the warm zone between super cold and lava core. The planet fauna generator now applies a modifier that should increase the size of its animal DNA considerably. They still exist within the range of all animal DNA that can be created using the avatar creator. They won't be extra big somehow.

Patented Processes at Buildings
A couple of different user interfaces list the processes that can be run at a building. Previously, manufacturing processes that must be developed using a patent were not listed if the city did not have the patent. That is still true. Now, in addition to that, processes are not listed if a patent is a required component and the city does not have that patent. This mainly affects patent development processes that are advancements over some other patented process.

Designer Position Reset
The new designer no longer resets the position of everyone in the designer to the origin. It did this when switching off the preview, which was really annoying if you were in the designer with someone else who was turning the preview on and off a lot. :roll:

Designer Building Window Layout
Layout of the city window at a designer was strange at a designer with only one story. Controls were spread widely apart. That was fixed.

Tongs Icon
Made a new icon for the tongs.

Inspect Item Icon Size
The inspect item window now shows the icon of the item bigger.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2017-10-27 Storage Devices, Gas Giant Clipping, Bugs

Postby Haxus » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:44 pm

It is late and several builds need to finish before I can post this update.

I will post this update in the morning.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Deantwo » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:13 am

Haxus wrote:Adamantine Patent Fail
The process for developing the patent for smelting adamantine is fixed.

Well, seem to be all the new patents. They just aren't recorded when the process finishes.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Haxus » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:13 am

They just aren't recorded

All the newer patents are properly recorded now. It was fixed early in the week. My notes were vague. I couldn't remember the details offhand about what the adamantine patent failure problem was when posting the updates. :roll:
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby DFDelta » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:40 am

Something went wrong. After the patch all production orders are blank and you can't open the drop-down menues. Everything that was set up before the patch is still running but you can't change anything.
DFDelta/Deltova - Birdman Trading Corp
DFDelta

Postby Haxus » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Yikes! Blast those last minute changes.

It is fixed. All clients were updated, as of a few minutes ago.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Deantwo » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:15 pm

My gas giant core colony, Core Tail, appears to have vanished after the update.
I was in the colony when the patch was deployed, when I logged back in afterwards I appeared in my spacecraft berth with a thought message saying I died from my wounds.
The colony no longer exist and I have received no mail from it.

Anyone else?
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Deantwo » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:24 am

Can't extract Myrathane or Flomentum with a treatment plant in a gas giant. The processes just don't appear in the manufacturing line.

By the way, would be nice if we could delete a patent from a city's list. Add it to the university tech tree view wish list.
Deantwo

Return to Updates