2017-09-29 Tech Wipe

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2017-09-29 Tech Wipe

Postby Haxus » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:53 pm

A technology wipe is in progress. Details can be found in these two posts.

http://hazeron.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=9231#p100902
http://hazeron.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=9231&start=90#p101023

All Tech object were removed. This will be the result when the servers start up.
  • Items that stored a TL and a Q will load with the same Q as they were stored with, that includes all city inventory, ship cargo, personal gear, and sea chests.
  • Buildings will load their previous TL (0-31) as their new Q (1-31).
  • Spacecraft will load their previous TL (0-31) as their new Q (1-31).
  • Vehicles will load their previous TL (0-31) as their new Q (1-31).
  • All currently running processes that require a patent, recorded that patent at Q1 in their city.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2017-09-29 Tech Wipe

Postby Snowmantis » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:32 pm

Wow... here we go. This is going to be interesting!
Snowmantis

Postby OmegaPaladin » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:57 am

Questions:

Are some power generation systems going to stop working? I had two cities report that they were powerless in a harsh environment. One system righted itself, the other did not. The systems had working power plants that had not decayed prior to this tech thing

Did all ships get downgraded to TL1 equivalent? Did all ships get the handicapped wormhole drive?

I'm still trying to figure out how patents and tech disks relate. How do I get improved patents? Will building a mass media installation share patents throughout a system?
OmegaPaladin

Postby Deantwo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:29 am

OmegaPaladin wrote:Are some power generation systems going to stop working? I had two cities report that they were powerless in a harsh environment. One system righted itself, the other did not. The systems had working power plants that had not decayed prior to this tech thing

Because quality of the fuel your power plants are using is now Q1, making most of the fuel get wasted when fetching. We have to go to the systems and make a better patent for the fuel production chains.
I'll explain more in post after this.

OmegaPaladin wrote:Did all ships get downgraded to TL1 equivalent? Did all ships get the handicapped wormhole drive?

Spacecraft no longer have the 5% increase per TL to all stats, so there are likely a lot of ships now that don't have enough power to engage FTL.
Also all FTL-drives were reduced to the lowest tech version. All warp-drives are now wf1 and all wormhole-drives are positive only, until you upgrade them.

But hey, my spacecraft is Q253 still.

OmegaPaladin wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how patents and tech disks relate. How do I get improved patents? Will building a mass media installation share patents throughout a system?

Patents and tech disks are not related at all.
Patents are used to unlock and increase the quality limit of a manufacturing process.
Tech disks are mostly the same as they used to be, used to upgrade a building's quality. But it requires a mass media building to use the tech disks. Simply don't worry about this until you start a new city.
Last edited by Deantwo on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Deantwo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:40 am

Update Damage Report

Quality of all multistage manufacturing chains have been nuked into the ground. I harvest ice with mine, I melt the ice into water at a treatment plant, I refine the water into hydrogen. Each step lowers the quality a lot because each building is so low quality. And then there is the quality 1 patent limit on top of that.

The super low quality of everything is causing a lot of resource waste, most notably in fuels used in power plants. This has caused a lot of cities to be distressed about having no power in harsh environments.

For some reason refining water into air is causing "Obsolete product discarded". Is there even a need for the obsolete mechanic now that there are 32 times less variations of commodities?

My very serious suggestions:
  • Remove building quality (or at least remove the effect on it has on production)
  • Remove the need for patents on all non-advanced commodities (old TL1 stuff)
In the end the building quality is worse than the TL system. It simply takes us a year to reach Q255 all building techs, and then we start all trading and sharing it around again so everyone can skip the dark ages. And all the old issues are still there, just now with 255 levels and tech disks that can be bad.
Last edited by Deantwo on Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:19 am, edited 6 times in total.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby AnrDaemon » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:47 am

So glad I managed to build the last ship in time.
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby Deantwo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:19 am

Mass Media Building Design D2 TV Tower by Deantwo
Picture: Image
Design reference: 2261005

Mass media building has a usable "Media" tab when no levels have been constructed yet.

Can't seem to publish my mass media building design.
Deantwo

Postby AnrDaemon » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:32 am

Adding to that.

Jeav
Masobu IXb, Moon 3,800m dia, F8 III Giant, Frigid zone

DISTRESS
Powerless in harsh environment.
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby expert700 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:12 pm

After actually seeing what having the max effect be 1.5x is like, I suggest raising it to be at least on par with the old rate of 2.5x. With how much longer it takes to tech up now, it seems a bit absurd to put all that effort in and only get gear that's 1.5x as good at max. That's just my two cents though.
expert700

Postby 1Duane » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:17 pm

expert700 wrote:With how much longer it takes to tech up now, it seems a bit absurd to put all that effort in and only get gear that's 1.5x as good at max..
honestly, I just wish there was a way to speed it up meaningfully. Yeah, hey, it's automated now. But it's literally calibrated to take a year. Trade will be the only way to be relevant if patents after weighted off buildings and buildings are fixed rates.

Nobody who joins now than a few months into this change will ever be relevant because the ones on top will never be inclined to trade down, even if their tech cards and patents are now infinite.
1Duane

Next

Return to Updates