2017-09-25 Tech Level Nerf

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: 2017-09-25 Tech Level Nerf

Postby Deantwo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:09 am

AnrDaemon wrote:
Deantwo wrote:By the way, give the "Get" and "Record..." buttons

Just remove these buttons. They are unnecessary. University exists in any city, you can always order a new patent job if needed.

As in remove import and export of patents totally? I guess that could work too.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby AnrDaemon » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:28 am

Deantwo wrote:As in remove import and export of patents totally? I guess that could work too.

We lived without "import and export" TL disks for years, I don't see why we could not live without importing and exporting patents.

What should really be improved is this https://prnt.sc/grvdcg
Just remove "Method for making " from patent names.
Last edited by AnrDaemon on Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby Deantwo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:38 am

AnrDaemon wrote:What should really be improved is this https://prnt.sc/grvdcg
Just remove "Method for making " from patent names.

Yes please. Been meaning to mention that.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Teskham » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:07 pm

I'd even go a step further and say some Patents should be bigger as in why is there a patent for air from water and hydrogen from water? For instance why not just say water electrolysis and then boom both manufacturing options become available.
Teskham

Postby DFDelta » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:12 am

Going to push this thread for a Suggestion, sorry.
I've returned for a week now and managing patents is already feeling like a needlessly fussy chore.

I suggest making patents in a sector capital count for every subordinate city as well, except when a local patent is higher. Of couse the limitation placed on cities under attack counts for this as well, so a sector capital under siege would potentially disrupt production all around the sector and a city under siege would not be able to use the patents of ist sector capital.

This would make patents much more manageable.
DFDelta/Deltova - Birdman Trading Corp
DFDelta

Postby Trusin » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:03 am

I like that idea. To further that I think making a "radio" network that increases a certain LY distance. So if you try to settle too far away from your home world to quickly they won't be able to benefit from the patents.
Trusin

Postby Jorn Stones » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:09 am

I kinda started playing again to check things out, and I'm pretty much getting bombarded by distress mails from a lot of cities.
Why? Most of my cities are using nuclear energy. Sadly, Radioactive material mining requires a patent; meaning that all the cities mining it received a q1 patent for it, resulting in massive amounts of material failure when power plants are fetching it due to the terrible quality 1 radioactives and making it so insufficient power is produced. It's a real pain when you log in only to get distress mail notifications for 25 minutes straight. :(
"Sounds like your horrific, cruel, and inhumane eugenics program was so thorough that the very DNA of the father violently lashes out at unions based on anything other than cold, unfeeling power." - Renka
Jorn Stones

Postby Deantwo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:11 am

Jorn Stones wrote:I kinda started playing again to check things out, and I'm pretty much getting bombarded by distress mails from a lot of cities.
Why? Most of my cities are using nuclear energy. Sadly, Radioactive material mining requires a patent; meaning that all the cities mining it received a q1 patent for it, resulting in massive amounts of material failure when power plants are fetching it due to the terrible quality 1 radioactives and making it so insufficient power is produced. It's a real pain when you log in only to get distress mail notifications for 25 minutes straight. :(

Yup, I am still getting hundreds of distress mails every time I log in.
I have begun starting up the mail client before i start the game client, so I can have it download the mails before I login.
Deantwo

Postby Greydog » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:53 pm

Hello everyone ...we're baaack :)

So, to understand this correctly ..

1- The patents don't accumulate like the tech disc's did, but rather once a Q level is achieved you will begin to simply research the next level?

2- These are propogated to your other cities by doing a "get" at the uni or appropriate production structure and bringing it to the other city?

3- can these patents be bought from another empire?

4- quality of items/structures built depend on the quality of patents present?

thanks
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

Shores of Hazeron Repository
Greydog

Postby Deantwo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Greydog wrote:Hello everyone ...we're baaack :)

So, to understand this correctly ..

For a simple overview, see: hazeron.com/wiki/Technology_Update

Old tech disks work as they used to, they just have 255 levels now instead of 32. They are made automatically if the city has paper or blank disks. A mass media building will mass produce tech disks for all buildings in the city.

Patents are city specific and not automatically shared. You can export patents from a city using university's "Get" and import them into another city using university's "Record". The patent item is not consumed when imported into a city, so you can just carry all basic patents with you for easy city jump starting.
Media storage devices, such as thumb drives and storage crystals, can hold multiple patents at once.
Deantwo

PreviousNext

Return to Updates