2017-06-09 Integrated Control Stations

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2017-06-09 Integrated Control Stations

Postby Haxus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:03 am

Integrated Stations
Integrated control stations now work. Here are some notes.
  • Normal orientation for occupants of an integrated station is upright according to gravity in their space, facing toward the screen.
  • Command station cannot switch to other modes yet.
  • Body movement not yet restricted when at sit stationary or stand stationary positions.
  • Body position adjustments may be needed to accommodate varying body geometry, similar to the way you can adjust the screen at the old style consoles.
  • Entering a console or station now orients the body to the console. Previously, the console was oriented to the body when you sat down.
  • Turret control station is not working yet. It is next. I considered finishing it before this update but that would likely have pushed it to Monday and it's already been a long time since the last update.
Server Crash
A server crashed. The bug was fixed. The fix is finally getting posted with this update.

Multiple Troops in Turret
Work on consoles flushed out the reason for multiple troops sitting at the same turret station, in old style designs. That is fixed.

Designer Station Exit Bug
When previewing a ship in the solo designer, you could enter a console but you could not exit the console. This little nuisance turned out to be related to the client-side smoothing of movement. Unfortunately, the fix to this previously unknown bug cost half a day of work on control stations. Otherwise I might have finished the turret stations this week.

Berth Body Position
On new ship designs, body position is now correctly aligned to the bed when entering your berth and recalling.

Sick Bay Medic and Patient Stations
Sick bay stations now work properly on new ship designs. You can enter and exit the medic station or the patient station. NPC medic performs medical procedures. I have not tested this with an avatar medic.

Sick Bay Patient Ambiguous Facing
When creating a medic station in the designer, there is now another location that must be entered, to indicate the facing of the patient. This indicates the head direction when the patient is prone. Previously, the facing of the patient was ambiguous. On medic stations created prior to this update, the patient facing matches the facing of the medic station.

Game Tables
Game tables can now be entered/exited on new ship designs. Games work.

Integrated Station Design Quirky
The commands for creating integrated stations in the new designer were quirky about changes to the grid. The console often got rotated incorrectly, or the display screen flattened to the floor. Those problems were fixed.

Dossier Doc Context Menu
Dossier documents now have a right-click context menu of options. This doesn't seem like a new change but it was marked as such in my notes.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2017-06-09 Integrated Control Stations

Postby Haxus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:17 am

Design tip.

When placing the screen for an integrated station, remove any existing faces from that spot. The screen will provide its own face. It should not be coplanar with any other geometry.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Deantwo » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:47 am

Haxus wrote:Game Tables
Game tables can now be entered/exited on new ship designs. Games work.

Time to celebrate!

Anyway, awesome work and good to see you coming up for air. Hope you two are doing better.
I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
Deantwo

Postby Haxus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:49 am

Thank you Dean. We are doing much better now. The "storm" has passed, for the most part. Nothing comes between Paula and I; we are shoulder to shoulder in life.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby AnrDaemon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:33 pm

Haxus wrote:Design tip.

When placing the screen for an integrated station, remove any existing faces from that spot. The screen will provide its own face. It should not be coplanar with any other geometry.

If this is important, may be let designer do that automatically as a post-processign step?
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby Haxus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:47 pm

Builds are progressing smoothly. A full hour or more remains before the update can be posted. Due to a version number change, I must post the servers and all clients together.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Haxus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Here are a couple of screen grabs showing integrated stations, both seated and standing. I didn't put too much work into the console model. The screens are elevated above the desk surface by .01m so I didn't have to cut it. :roll:

The black panel on the desk surface is the mission status panel. That is the little secondary panel on the swivel desk consoles. The panel version is not finished so it just shows up black.

The desk itself was created using the tubing tool. A tutorial video would go a long way there. :lol:

I rearranged the furniture slightly between screen grabs.

http://hazeron.com/gallery/Hazeron.Jun-9-2017.18-41-02-146.png
http://hazeron.com/gallery/Hazeron.Jun-9-2017.19-17-59-087.png

The integrated nav console does not work when you E into it. The screen is blank. There are also other glitches that need attention. I will post a fix for this soon.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby xxqpxx--PMW » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:22 pm

Looking good! Thanks for the update.
xxqpxx--PMW

Postby Onepercent » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:19 am

OMG that is awesome haxus! Really getting some actual Standard Science Fiction space opera bridge vibes there! Looking forward to finishing my design with this in mind!
Onepercent

Postby the Lana » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:39 pm

AnrDaemon wrote:If this is important, may be let designer do that automatically as a post-processign step?

This. Saves a spot of work for me, since i was going crazy with integrated stations!
Just Lana :)
the Lana

Next

Return to Updates