2017-06-02 Status Report

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2017-06-02 Status Report

Postby Haxus » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:41 am

Control stations are undergoing significant changes to accommodate the new ship designs and eventually new building and vehicle designs. This affects everything you can E into aboard a spacecraft: consoles, game tables, turrets, surgery units and bunks. It also affects guard posts which are a sort of station for troops.

Control stations must now support rotation to any 3D orientation. They must allow for integration into the 3D model. They must have a specific occupant position and associated body poses. Old style spacecraft and buildings are affected, requiring them to be upgraded as well, just to remain compatible. It is a lot of work.

Work on control stations reached a milestone yesterday. A wave of changes was completed that started a month ago. Encapsulation of the operator position information is complete and applied consistently for all control stations. 3D orientation of stations is now supported. Entering your berth on a new ship design now works.

By the end of today, surgery units and game tables should be working.

Body pose information is now present and ready to be applied where needed. Work on integrated control screens remains to be completed. These details will take about a week to complete.

There were many outside interruptions in the past month. They slowed me down as things went from bad to worse after my 5-24 post, barely over a week ago; it feels like a year. We seem to be in the aftermath stage now. Peace and serenity are returning to our world.

Consequently, I am not ready to post an update today. I could do it. Everything builds fine and consoles work at least as well as before, slightly better. A few more days of uninterrupted work on this will bring it together. If that actually happens (crosses fingers), I should be able to finish it up and post a good update next week.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2017-06-02 Status Report

Postby Haxus » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:29 am

Game tables on the new ship designs now work.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Deantwo » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:52 am

Haxus wrote:There were many outside interruptions in the past month. They slowed me down as things went from bad to worse after my 5-24 post, barely over a week ago; it feels like a year. We seem to be in the aftermath stage now. Peace and serenity are returning to our world.

Sorry it hear again, hoped you had gone through the worst at your last post. But just hope now that you two will get better from here on out.

Haxus wrote:Consequently, I am not ready to post an update today. I could do it. Everything builds fine and consoles work at least as well as before, slightly better. A few more days of uninterrupted work on this will bring it together. If that actually happens (crosses fingers), I should be able to finish it up and post a good update next week.

You can wait until next week, no rush at the moment.
Looking forward to see what you have done, but I guess most of it is behind the scenes kinda stuff. ^^;

Haxus wrote:Game tables on the new ship designs now work.

There, now new spacecraft are worth building!
I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
Deantwo

Postby AnrDaemon » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:20 am

Thanks for the update and we wish you best things possible.
Take your time when you need it. Family goes first.
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby the Lana » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:31 pm

I keep up with the updates. I'm not playing at the moment (I get sucked into other things a bunch!), but I regularly check back. I think I got burned out upon designing the interior to my Intrepid design. I know you were making it easier to keep things simple, but does that sound like fun?

Anyway, still don't have a final court date set, yet, but I will keep up as much as I can until then :)
Just Lana :)
the Lana

Return to Updates