2017-05-12 Designer Preview

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: 2017-05-12 Designer Preview

Postby Haxus » Fri May 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Later...for AnrDaemon.

Not all platform clients were updated with this change. If yours did not get updated, just post here and I'll build it. Otherwise, this change will appear in the next update.

Dossier Document State Double Click
The state of a dossier document can now be changed by double-click. The document state changes to the state that is set in a combo box, newly added to that window. Combo box tool tip says what it is.

Dossier Document State Context Menu
The state of one or more selected dossier documents can now be changed by right-click context menu.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Celarious » Fri May 12, 2017 3:15 pm

One issue I've noticed with ladders. It seems that if the ladder is close to a wall, then the character refuses to climb it, getting stuck. By wiggling around, I manage to teleport up to the top of the ladder somehow.

Is that intentional? Just a bit glitchy at the moment
Celarious

Postby Ikkir Isth » Fri May 12, 2017 7:47 pm

Ladders have issues with collision meshes that can extend quite a ways away from a wall. I've found you basically need the entirety of the path of a hull ladder to be in a hull void, because the hulls project out collision mesh fairly far and you cant easily just do a hull ladder that has the top in a hull void and the bottom right below it on the slab (unless your ship is at least a certain height above anyway)
Making things with OpenGL: Image
Working on- an exploration game.
@Ikkir_Isth
Ikkir Isth

Postby Celarious » Sat May 13, 2017 3:26 pm

I've also noticed that walking to a ladder on preview mode causes your character to jump up, as if standing on an invisible platform, which makes it very hard to fall back through ladder shafts.

Any fix for this?
Celarious

Previous

Return to Updates