2017-05-12 Designer Preview

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2017-05-12 Designer Preview

Postby Haxus » Fri May 12, 2017 8:58 am

Designer Preview
Preview mode is now implemented in the new designer, both on line and solo.
  • Preview creates a ship in the design space using the current design.
  • The ship is fully functional, refueled, with capacitor charged.
  • The ship can be flown around inside the design space, probably even at warp speed.
  • The ship can not leave the design space.
  • You cannot take a berth aboard the ship.
  • The design cannot be edited during preview.
  • If preview is active, all architects in the same design space will see the preview, regardless of who activated it.
  • When preview is deactivated, all architects in the design space are moved to the origin (0,0,0).
I considered adding a solar system just for fun, will save that for another day.

Pirates Attack Parked Ships
Pirates were attacking ships after they parked next to a station. Once the ATC controller said you were stopped, you were open to attack by pirates. That is fixed.

Travel to Coordinates Bug
Travel to coordinates order resulted in strange oscillation back and forth between two solar systems, perhaps only when traveling at warp speed. The problem was introduced by the recent changes to reduce system transitions. That problem is fixed.

Station Default Name
A fleet space station launched over a city is now named 'Cityname Station'. The missing suffix caused communications from the station to sometimes be confused for communications from the city. The old suffix of 'Starbase' or 'Spaceport' stopped getting appended when the distinction between those kinds of stations was removed.

Station names are transferred verbatim when they are replaced/upgraded. No suffix is appended at that time. If an existing station is named simply 'Cityname', it will have to be renamed to change it.

Spacecraft Factory Spawn Bug
Some spacecraft factories got stuck forever trying to spawn a spacecraft because they thought the design was an old one and not a new one. I think this bug is fixed. We shall see.

This does not fix factories that are already stuck. It only seems to affect their default manufacturing process. A small number of spacecraft factories are affected by this. The condition is revealed if the default process is making a new ship design but the icon is green; it should be orange for a new design.

The solution is to reselect the default manufacturing process so the data gets set up correctly. I will go to each affected factory and clear the default process. You will have to restart them.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2017-05-12 Designer Preview

Postby AnrDaemon » Fri May 12, 2017 9:07 am

Haxus wrote:I considered adding a solar system just for fun,

Sundiving preview?…
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby Ikkir Isth » Fri May 12, 2017 9:25 am

AnrDaemon wrote:
Haxus wrote:I considered adding a solar system just for fun,

Sundiving preview?…

Aye, design into sun.
Making things with OpenGL: Image
Working on- an exploration game.
@Ikkir_Isth
Ikkir Isth

Postby Deantwo » Fri May 12, 2017 10:23 am

Haxus wrote:Designer Preview
I considered adding a solar system just for fun, will save that for another day.

Also thought about adding a moon in the arena at one point.

Reminds me, still come some type of "Capture the Cities" arena, would be good practice for war.

Haxus wrote:Pirates Attack Parked Ships
Pirates were attacking ships after they parked next to a station. Once the ATC controller said you were stopped, you were open to attack by pirates. That is fixed.

That explain what Anr was saying in Galactic chat.
Poor Anr.
I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
Deantwo

Postby Celarious » Fri May 12, 2017 10:59 am

PREVIEW MODE

YES, THANK YOU SO MUCH HAXUS!
Last edited by Celarious on Fri May 12, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celarious

Postby Haxus » Fri May 12, 2017 11:01 am

The arena area inside the framework is large enough for the largest possible gas giant with the most possible moons. Fwiw
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Deantwo » Fri May 12, 2017 11:19 am

Haxus wrote:The arena area inside the framework is large enough for the largest possible gas giant with the most possible moons. Fwiw

The arena? Or do you mean in the designer preview?
A gas giant would be awesome! Much more interesting than a planet. Moons as an added bonus for landing and hiding.
I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
Deantwo

Postby Celarious » Fri May 12, 2017 11:45 am

Deantwo wrote:
Haxus wrote:The arena area inside the framework is large enough for the largest possible gas giant with the most possible moons. Fwiw

The arena? Or do you mean in the designer preview?
A gas giant would be awesome! Much more interesting than a planet. Moons as an added bonus for landing and hiding.

The designer, of course
Celarious

Postby Haxus » Fri May 12, 2017 11:50 am

Celarious wrote:YES, THANK YOU SO MUCH HAXUS!

I told people earlier in the game the preview mode in today's update was a present for Celarious, lol.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Haxus » Fri May 12, 2017 11:53 am

Deantwo wrote:The arena? Or do you mean in the designer preview?

The arena "field" is large enough for the largest gas giant with the maximum possible moons, and a margin. I thought there might be fun arena scenarios that included a planet or two.

The designer preview space is boundless, though the numbers will get a little crunchy if you travel for a while. Fly for a long ways then stop and EVA around the ship; you will see what I mean.

That is what happens in deep space, though most people don't notice because of the speeds they are usually traveling.

I have designed a solution but have not taken the time to implement it.
Haxus
Site Admin

Next

Return to Updates