2017-05-05 Access Policy

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2017-05-05 Access Policy

Postby Haxus » Fri May 05, 2017 10:26 am

This week was characterized by many outside disruptions. Cats somehow became a theme.
Mark Twain wrote:A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.

Happily, I was not the one doing the carrying. Meow.

I did manage to get a few things done.

Spacecraft Access Policy
A policy was needed to determine who the landing system of a spacecraft would respond to. This evolved into a general access policy for spacecraft. This applies to old and new spacecraft, where appropriate, since old ships don't have landing systems.
  • Access Policy setting added to spacecraft policy settings window.
    • Admit Commanders. That is, those people in the chain of command of the ship.
    • Admit Crew.
    • Admit Crew and Passengers.
    • Admit Empire.
    • Admit Friends.
    • Admit Neutral.
    • Admit Everyone
  • All access policy choices admit commanders.
  • Empire, Friend and Neutral choices also admit crew and passengers.
  • Access policy only affects requests for entry from the outside, in the following forms.
    • Manual opening of hull doors.
    • Remote door openers on vehicles.
    • Remote door openers on spacecraft.
    • Space vehicle recovery systems.
    • Transporter beam up requests.
  • The default policy for new ships is Friends. This matches the previous built in policy for new ships.
  • Door locks are not finished on new ship designs. Those doors will be individually lockable. Explicitly locked hull doors will likely override this policy setting.
FAST Tip Missing in Designer
Designer stopped mentioning when the ship performance might be considered fast. This led to the discovery that tech level was not being applied properly to the performance of maneuver drives and other systems. That is fixed.

Remote Door Opener
Remote door opener on vehicles and spacecraft now works to open hull doors on the new ship designs. The door that is opened is the one whose switch is closest to you. Size of the door is no longer a factor; in old designs the remote door switch only operates large doors.

Dossier Entry on Revolt
A dossier entry is now generated when a city revolts. The dossier entry appears under the empire the city surrenders itself to.

Christen Button
I have never liked the icon on the christen button of the spacecraft policies window. Players have said they didn't even know it was a button. The icon is now changed and it is included with the ship's name on one long button, making it much more obvious, and a little nicer looking.

Can Grab Ladder With Hatch Closed
Fixed a bug that allowed me to grab the ladder associated with a hatch, when the hatch was closed.

Autopark Shut Down
Autopark now shuts off the engine and lights of the vehicle it is parking. Also fixed a case that sometimes caused the autoparker to ignore a vehicle that was recently exited, leaving it unparked.

Beam Up Noise Bug
Call for a beam up while standing next to a vehicle with its engine running and you are stuck with the engine noise for a long time. This problem was fixed.

Land Ship Aboard Ship Insanity
Attempting to land a new design ship aboard another new design ship produced insane results. The landing craft was unable to orient properly to the deck and rotated around aimlessly until it got stuck in a wall. That is fixed.

Remote Door Bug
Discovered and fixed a bug that prevented a remote door open request from working, when made from a ship aboard another ship attempting to depart. That was fixed. The bug affected old and new ship designs.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2017-05-05 Access Policy

Postby Celarious » Fri May 05, 2017 11:05 am

The new access policy looks awesome! Should allow for better control of who you let in at least.

Thanks once again!
Celarious

Postby Deantwo » Sat May 06, 2017 12:01 am

Haxus wrote:Meow.

Meow! ^^

Haxus wrote:Spacecraft Access Policy

Sounds interesting, looking forward to trying that out.

Haxus wrote:Dossier Entry on Revolt
A dossier entry is now generated when a city revolts. The dossier entry appears under the empire the city surrenders itself to.

This will help a lot with confusion about why one of your cities is suddenly under the control of another empire. Especially if another player empire captured the pirate city before you noticed.

I haven't seen the message yet, but could even write a hint to indicate that the city will decay faster than normal.
Code: Select all
The population of [Rævehale] has had its needs [neglected] for far too long and has rebelled against us!

A major rebel group has taken the chance to align the city with the [Haxu pirate faction]. The rest of the city is in chaos and citizens are either fleeing or joining pirate factions of their own.

The city will likely not last more than a few days without military support before it starts crumbling.

The city is on [Tail V] in the [Tail] system, [Rævehale Sector], [Shores of Hazeron].
Just a little writing that crossed my mind.
Last edited by Deantwo on Wed May 17, 2017 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
Deantwo

Postby jakbruce2012 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:34 pm

oh wait... we can land new type ships inside new type ships now? If so I love it!
jakbruce2012

Postby Ikkir Isth » Sat May 06, 2017 2:53 pm

If I can ever get the Spaceball One to build, I'll try landing something in it... maybe some kind of Winnebago.

Right now, the game times my connection out due to how long it takes to finalize it (due to threading shenanigans)
Making things with OpenGL: Image
Working on- an exploration game.
@Ikkir_Isth
Ikkir Isth

Postby Celarious » Sat May 06, 2017 11:31 pm

Ikkir Isth wrote:If I can ever get the Spaceball One to build, I'll try landing something in it... maybe some kind of Winnebago.

Right now, the game times my connection out due to how long it takes to finalize it (due to threading shenanigans)

Also, it probably wouldn't work as there are far too many design issues. I'll send mine over once I'm done fixing it
Celarious

Return to Updates