2017-04-28 Friend Activation Code

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2017-04-28 Friend Activation Code

Postby Haxus » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:49 pm

People have often suggested there needs to be a way for people to try the game for free. Now there is a way. Here are the details.
  • Each active player login account can get a friend activation code, to be given to a friend.
  • An account needs to be activated with more than 30 days to be eligible to receive an activation code. That means you have to have bought one or more months for the account.
  • Your friend activation code appears on the Account Status web page. It is accessed using the Login button, on the Pay to Play page.
  • Give a friend your code and the name of one of your avatars. Using that information, they can activate a new account for 15 days. The avatar name is used only for verification; the avatar is unaffected.
  • Only new accounts can be activated this way. A friend code will not activate an account that was previously activated.
  • A code can only be used to activate one account. After an account is activated using your code, a new code is issued to your account after 30 days. Your account must be active to receive the code.
  • New codes are issued once per day. If you buy months for your account, it could take up to 24 hours to receive your code.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2017-04-28 Friend Activation Code

Postby Deantwo » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:58 pm

Using it as an "invite an old player back" would be nice too. Say the account has to have been inactive for more than 6 months?
Last edited by Deantwo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
Deantwo

Postby Edward Teach » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:58 pm

Thank you very much, Haxus. This is a huge step towards us getting an active community again. Obviously, this will not have a major effect atm as it heavily depends on how many people are playing right now but the next population boom we get will be magnified by this. In the short term my little brother will be very happy that he can try it out on his own now instead of playing on my account.
We need to make Hazeron great again.
Edward Teach

Postby Deantwo » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:20 pm

I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
Deantwo

Postby Ikkir Isth » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Deantwo wrote:Using it as an "invite an old player back" would be nice too. Say the account has to have been inactive for more than 6 months?

Honestly, it should just be new accounts for now. The purpose of a recruit-a-friend program is to bring in new blood....

Plus, Hazeron doesn't really have too much character stats, so the only real reason to activate old accounts is to attempt to run an empire for free / stop decay.
Making things with OpenGL: Image
Working on- an exploration game.
@Ikkir_Isth
Ikkir Isth

Postby Edward Teach » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:10 pm

Ikkir Isth wrote:Honestly, it should just be new accounts for now. The purpose of a recruit-a-friend program is to bring in new blood....

Plus, Hazeron doesn't really have too much character stats, so the only real reason to activate old accounts is to attempt to run an empire for free / stop decay.

I agree 100%. Also, depending on how it is implemented, a free/trial method may also result in the game falling under the FTP category should it ever land on Steam. While I'm sure the FTP crowd is not always the best, I think it would be an excellent way of growing the community.

Edit: I think I should clarify that I am not saying we should adopt a FTP model. Just that it may be considered to be FTP depending on how the trial works which I think would help us stand out on Steam.
We need to make Hazeron great again.
Edward Teach

Postby Celarious » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Edward Teach wrote:
Ikkir Isth wrote:Honestly, it should just be new accounts for now. The purpose of a recruit-a-friend program is to bring in new blood....

I agree 100%. Also, depending on how it is implemented, a free/trial method may also result in the game falling under the FTP category should it ever land on Steam. While I'm sure the FTP crowd is not always the best, I think it would be an excellent way of growing the community.

Edit: I think I should clarify that I am not saying we should adopt a FTP model. Just that it may be considered to be FTP depending on how the trial works which I think would help us stand out on Steam.

Which is what the game originally was, and that resulted in a lot of people joining (I think). So yeah, definitely not a bad thing
Celarious

Postby laser50 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:54 am

Sounds good, although it is probably not going to do much for anyone that isn't a direct friend of a player, I'm betting there is a lot of players both old (coming back to see how the game has progressed etc) and new (Wanting to try this amazing game) that would benefit from some sort of trial period, no-one is going to pay for a trial. It's like paying for a game demo.
laser50

Postby Celarious » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:57 am

laser50 wrote:Sounds good, although it is probably not going to do much for anyone that isn't a direct friend of a player, I'm betting there is a lot of players both old (coming back to see how the game has progressed etc) and new (Wanting to try this amazing game) that would benefit from some sort of trial period, no-one is going to pay for a trial. It's like paying for a game demo.

Actually, we're considering making a place in the Hazeron Steam group where people throw their free activation codes, for anybody who might want one
Celarious

Postby jakbruce2012 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:29 pm

This is amazing, and I hope it will bring new blood to the game, might I suggest those wanting to invite a friend teach them the spacecraft design process first though, otherwise it may take 15 days just for that. Also since the studio is available f2p offline.
jakbruce2012

Next

Return to Updates