2017-04-27 Sync, Space Rockets, Autoparking

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: 2017-04-27 Sync, Space Rockets, Autoparking

Postby Deantwo » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:59 am

Haxus wrote:The name spaceport suggests it was launched by a city, probably decayed and gone now.

Yes, but also that it was before the naming of stations changed, which was a while back.
I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
Deantwo

Postby Link712011 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:10 am

Haxus wrote:The Oiling Spaceport Never Decays
A spaceport existed for months unattended and it still had full fuel cells. Some investigation revealed it was not consuming fuel at all. That is fixed. It could affect other spacecraft. They will consume fuel normally now.

Why the fuck it was considered as a bug? We can travel faster than light, but we can't simply put a space station in a stable orbit?
If you want to find a way to destroy all derelict space stations, pirates can do the job.
Link712011

Postby Deantwo » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:15 am

Link712011 wrote:
A spaceport existed for months unattended and it still had full fuel cells. Some investigation revealed it was not consuming fuel at all. That is fixed. It could affect other spacecraft. They will consume fuel normally now.

Why the fuck it was considered as a bug? We can travel faster than light, but we can't simply put a space station in a stable orbit?
If you want to find a way to destroy all derelict space stations, pirates can do the job.

Because it was a bug? Kind of a weird question.
Even stations with online shields didn't seem to use fuel, as a number of the stations I just located has shields.

Also pirates don't work like that. They only spawn to attack spacecraft with online avatars on board, and they won't enter an ADIZ.
Deantwo

Postby Celarious » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:36 am

Link712011 wrote:

Infinite fuel is a bug
Celarious

Postby Link712011 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:48 am

Deantwo wrote:Because it was a bug? Kind of a weird question.
Even stations with online shields didn't seem to use fuel, as a number of the stations I just located has shields.

Well, so you're thinking that stations with no power must "fall" instead of just stopping shield and light? It is a kind of Swedish joke?

Deantwo wrote:Also pirates don't work like that. They only spawn to attack spacecraft with online avatars on board, and they won't enter an ADIZ.

No shit. And then you're thinking that Haxus can't make them spawn around decaying stations or despawning it and sending a mail "pirate destroyed station" to chain of command? Don't really know if it's a lack of imagination or a lack of thinking...
Link712011

Postby Celarious » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:11 pm

Link712011 wrote:

Well, so you're thinking that stations with no power must "fall" instead of just stopping shield and light? It is a kind of Swedish joke?

Deantwo wrote:Also pirates don't work like that. They only spawn to attack spacecraft with online avatars on board, and they won't enter an ADIZ.

No shit. And then you're thinking that Haxus can't make them spawn around decaying stations or despawning it and sending a mail "pirate destroyed station" to chain of command? Don't really know if it's a lack of imagination or a lack of thinking...

Stations don't decay. There would be no way of determining whether a station would fit the "decaying" status, except for how long since a player last visited it. But that would introduce a new mechanic, one that people might not agree with.

And yes, stations aren't in orbit, they're technically hovering, so when the power fails, they get pulled into the atmosphere. It's always been like that, since it seems like the AI doesn't automatically anchor the station in position. If you're suggesting that they do get anchored, like new spawned ships in orbit, then that could work
Celarious

Postby Deantwo » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:24 pm

Link712011 wrote:

I don't speak Swedish, so no idea. But yes, that is how Hazeron works.

Once Haxus starts implementing alternative power generators for spacecraft, maybe we can get solar panels.

Link712011 wrote:

I have imagination, but that isn't what you said.

The point isn't just to clean up stations that don't have a fuel source, but to fix a bug that was causing stations (and spacecraft) to not use fuel. Stations not decaying was just a side-effect.
Deantwo

Previous

Return to Updates