2017-04-14 Pirates and Turbo Lifts

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: 2017-04-14 Pirates and Turbo Lifts

Postby Celarious » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Awesome! Turbolifts should be a lot easier to make now

Is there any news on the designer preview mode? Not really any rush but was curious

Edit: I've also noticed that jig cutting causes every face on the selected hull part to be modified, even faces that are nowhere near the cut area, causing things like broken faces and extremely distorted faces on other parts of the hull. This means that I have to split the faces I want to cut through, cut, and then join them back to the original hull. Is this intentional?
Celarious

Postby Deantwo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Haxus wrote:Pirate Encounter Conditions Changed
Pirate encounters and behavior changed in the following ways.
  • Probability of pirate encounters is no longer reduced by the number of cities in a solar system.
  • Pirate encounters are only triggered by spacecraft outside any ADIZ and outside the atmosphere zone of any world.
  • Pirates will not pursue spacecraft into an ADIZ. They will break off their pursuit if their prey enters an ADIZ.
  • Pirates will not pursue spacecraft into the atmosphere zone of a world.

So pirates will avoid all ADIZs? Even if the ADIZ belongs to a pirate faction?
Would be interesting if pirates attempted to defend the rebelled cities.

Of course it might get complicated if a solar system has cities belonging to multiple different pirate factions.
It was suggested in the past that pirates should get specific areas where they are active, so that pirates don't interfere with each other too much.
See: (Idea thread post) Re: PvE - Camps, Nests, Hives, Ruins
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Haxus » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Pirates do not maintain an ATC system.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Deantwo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:08 am

Haxus wrote:Pirates do not maintain an ATC system.

But they do broadcast ADIZ trespassing warnings, so in that regard they have a ATC system.
With that I must conclude that pirate ships won't engage ships inside pirate owned ADIZs either.

Edit: You said in-game that pirates aren't suppose to have ATC. So I guess it is a bug.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Previous

Return to Updates