2017-04-07 Doors and Turbo Lifts

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: 2017-04-07 Doors and Turbo Lifts

Postby Deantwo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:11 am

Celarious wrote:
Deantwo wrote:
Haxus wrote:Spot Ship Class
The spot description of a spacecraft no longer includes its class name; to reduce the wall of text. This is the description seen when you push the ` key. It also appears in other places.

Not sure I like this change. Won't be able to tell two ship designs apart this way.

You will, if they're not using the same ship name

GDJFRJ and GFJDFJ are two perfectly normal default ship names and they tell you nothing about the ship design/class.

Haxus wrote:
Deantwo wrote:Won't be able to tell two ship designs apart this way.

I wondered if anyone would miss it. I can put it back easily enough.

I could go after a to-do item that's been in my list forever, that is to be able to specify what bits of information you want when you spot things.

Like with the broadcast​? That could work for spotting to channels I guess. But for spotting subconsciously, best to just show it all every time.

Speaking of, would it be possible to add right-click context menus to the broadcast button? Set one or two preset configurations?
Wouldn't be possible with spotting I guess, since it has no UI button.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Celarious » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:14 am

Deantwo wrote:GDJFRJ and GFJDFJ are two perfectly normal default ship names and they tell you nothing about the ship design/class.

Except that you can look at the ship or scan it to get the class or different designs. Just seems like it's filling up the spot menu and making it more confusing for people
Celarious

Postby Haxus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:24 am

Spotting and broadcasting are the same message. It's just that one is sent on the Thoughts channel and the other is sent on the current channel.

I restored the call out of the class. What I am trying to accomplish should be handled a different way.

It is restored on the client. The servers will have to wait. It's too trivial a change to restart them.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Deantwo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:31 am

Haxus wrote:Spotting and broadcasting are the same message. It's just that one is sent on the Thoughts channel and the other is sent on the current channel.

Sorry, by broadcast, I meant the "Announce" button next to the "Hail" button.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Haxus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:49 pm

Servers had to be restarted to fix an unfortunate thread deadlock. The spot class change was included.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Celarious » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:14 pm

Just wanted to say how awesome the "Teleport to part" feature is! Thank you so much
Celarious

Postby Haxus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:31 pm

Did you notice the teleport to part function is on the right-click popup menu in the parts list?
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Haxus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Arg! The deadlock is still there. It only occurs when a turbo lift is called to a stop so please avoid doing that.

The problem isn't likely to recur as long as I stay out of my turbo lifts. It's not likely there are any others out there yet.

I will restart the servers if one of them locks. Otherwise, let's hope for a nice crash-free weekend.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Celarious » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:47 pm

Haxus wrote:Did you notice the teleport to part function is on the right-click popup menu in the parts list?

Yeah, was clicking randomly to see how switch positioning worked and noticed it
Celarious

Previous

Return to Updates