Update 2017-03-31 Designer

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: Update 2017-03-31 Designer

Postby Celarious » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:01 am

Phenoix12 wrote:Woooo! Updates. Still no preview mode, oh well.

I was going to report a bug that causes a crash but when I went to reopen the designer to test to replicate the crash a third time the game updated a second time and suddenly it's fixed. odd.

Still waiting for that awesome mode, also the align selected object feature is amazing, you should try it, really helps with aligning stuff near each other
Celarious

Postby Deantwo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:53 am

I am on a plane right now, with in-flight WiFi internet connection! This is so awesome!
Haxus you have to implement this in the new spacecraft!
I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
Deantwo

Postby Ikkir Isth » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:49 pm

Hazeron ships have had in-game wifi for a long time now... haven't you seen crewmen playing Shores of Hazeron?
Making things with OpenGL: Image
Working on- an exploration game.
@Ikkir_Isth
Ikkir Isth

Postby the Lana » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:40 pm

>.<

I leave for 2 or 3 weeks and Dean loses his grip on reality, if he ever had it XD

Srsly, though, chairs. I have been classifying them as "room" parts, just so they'd be included. Is that how we're supposed to do it?
Just Lana :)
the Lana

Postby Haxus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:24 am

Using a room mesh is fine. Room meshes get lit according to the light switch on/off state in the room. All room meshes with the same name will get the same room lighting.

I added generic meshes so you can make furniture and stuff. At some point, they are internally associated with the room they are inside, for lighting. The advantage of generic meshes is that you can copy and paste them from room to room without caring what the name is; in fact you can't name them.

Also note that internal lighting of new ships is not finished yet.

Any suggestions for a UI to adjust the lighting in your current room? Hot key I suppose. I'd prefer not to have to put a switch on the wall.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Celarious » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:27 am

Haxus wrote:Using a room mesh is fine. Room meshes get lit according to the light switch on/off state in the room. All room meshes with the same name will get the same room lighting.

I added generic meshes so you can make furniture and stuff. At some point, they are internally associated with the room they are inside, for lighting. The advantage of generic meshes is that you can copy and paste them from room to room without caring what the name is; in fact you can't name them.

Also note that internal lighting of new ships is not finished yet.

Any suggestions for a UI to adjust the lighting in your current room? Hot key I suppose. I'd prefer not to have to put a switch on the wall.

Wasn't the plan to use the current off/dim/on system? That what was I imagined it would be anyway
Celarious

Postby Haxus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:48 am

I like the off/on/dim system, though levels of dimness might be nice.

In the new ships, lighting is controlled separately in each room. I am planning to add an avatar command to adjust room lighting while in a room. Then it can be mapped to a hot key or mouse button or joystick button.

In the old designs, internal lighting was the same throughout the ship. The option to control internal lighting with a mission order will not apply to the new ship designs, unless someone pipes up and thinks it has a use. The command option will probably go away some day, when the old ship designs go away.

The helm control for internal lighting only affects the current room, in new ship designs.
Haxus
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Updates