2017-03-24 Harvest Operations

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2017-03-24 Harvest Operations

Postby Haxus » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:50 am

Harvest Operations
Two new mission orders were added to configure harvester operations. Each of them has a fuel threshold; the harvest order is ended if the ship's fuel is at or below the threshold.
  • Harvester Operations by Bay - Configures harvester bays specifically. In order to set up this order, you must be aboard the ship because it requires access to information about the ship. This order is nice because you can configure harvester bays with the same module to harvest different things, like one harvesting hydrogen and the other cryozine.
  • Harvester Operations by Module - Configures harvester bays according to the module installed. This order is generic so it can be issued without being aboard the ship. Unfortunately, all bays with the same module must harvest the same thing when using this order.
All old harvest related orders are now obsolete. They are still there so existing missions continue to function. Once the new harvest operations order is tested out, the old orders will be removed from the list so they will still work but you can't add them to any new missions. The tool tips on the old harvest orders now describe them as obsolete.

Report Order
A new mission order was added to report various bits of information on the comm.
  • The comm channel and range is specified.
  • A text message may be specified.
  • Check boxes specify various status that can be briefly verbalized.
Station/City Air Traffic Control
Stations and cities will now call on the Hail channel when you enter their sensor coverage area, depart it, or transition from their area to someone else's, similar to real air traffic control.

Stations and cities will now warn off enemy spacecraft that enter their coverage area. This includes pirates so your own cities and stations should call them out.

Broker Exploit
Fixed a broker exploit that enabled more shipments to be scheduled than the broker had levels if you added them really fast.

Broker Shipments Require Airport
A broker now requires an airport in the city to process outsystem shipments. Shipments can be created and exist when no airport is present, but they will get no attention unless the city has an airport. You can delete and rebuild an airport without destroying all the shipments that are configured.

Comm Notification
The comm now notifies you, in two ways, when a message arrives that mentions your avatar name.
  • Comm channel tab color is brown/gold when the channel contains a message that mentions your avatar name.
  • A window pops up when a message arrives that mentions your avatar name. This can be turned off on the settings window.
Bobbing Down Hills
When I walk down hills, my character bobs along the terrain. This started happening in a recent update. This has been fixed.

Crew Reports Enemy Weapon Range In/Out
Crew was reporting enemy weapon range entry/departure over and over again. I think this is fixed. Needs testing.

Empire Flag Crash
An empire record was causing an odd crash on the client if you were a member of that empire. Changing their flag seemed to solve the problem. Further investigation showed that it only postponed the problem and it would have started crashing again later. The network communications error that really caused this problem has been fixed.

Bay Weapons on New Ship Designs
Someone reported that weapon bays were not working on the new ship designs. I made a simple test ship with a weapon bay and it worked fine.
  • Recent work on transporters systems may have caused the weapon bays to start working. There are similarities in the code and sometimes when I fix a bug in one I'll fix it in the other, out of hand.
  • Harvester orders that select the thing to harvest for a weapon bay do not work with the new designs. This could be what was being reported as a bug. Now that those orders are obsolete, they may never work for the new designs.
I will publish my test ship design. It's not very inspired, being yet another variation of the designs I already published. I figure it may be ugly but it exists; why not put it there?

Here is a screen shot of it.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2017-03-24 Harvest Operations

Postby Celarious » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Walking around the designer with gravity and collisions enabled now works like before the fix, you go up and down like crazy

This was fixed when the change to building roofs was implemented but seems to be broken again
Celarious

Postby Haxus » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:05 pm

Questions arise...

What does it mean when they say these things?

"Sensor contact. No radar services available. Maintain VFR."
    You have entered the sensor range of a friendly city or station.
    They are not providing traffic separation services, i.e. not calling out other traffic.
    You are to operate under visual flight rules, which means you have to see where you are going, i.e. remain clear of clouds.

"Sensor contact lost. Proceed VFR. Have a good flight."
    You have departed the sensor range of a friendly city or station.

"You are departing my airspace. Handing you off to Hazeron control."
    You have transitioned from the sensor range of a friendly city or station into the sensor range of a different friendly city or station.

"Sensor contact. Malacon ADIZ incursion! Leave this area immediately or you will be destroyed."
    You have entered the sensor range of an enemy city or station.
    An ADIZ is an Air Defense Identification Zone.

"You are clear of our space. Remain outside the ADIZ or be destroyed."
    You have departed the sensor range of an enemy city or station.

"You are entering the Malacon Bartertown ADIZ. Prepare to be destroyed."
    You have transitioned from the sensor range of one enemy city or station to the sensor range of a different enemy city or station.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Haxus » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:06 pm

Walking around the designer with gravity and collisions enabled now works like before the fix

I just noticed that also. I apologize; it will be fixed.

It was the bobbing down hills code change, fwiw.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Haxus » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:37 pm

Later...

Mail Icons Missing
Fixed a bug that caused the icons to be broken on mail messages.

Tall Flying Troops
Fixed a bug that caused tall flying troops to constantly keep gliding around.

Shipment Locks Server
Fixed a bug that caused the server to lock if you tried to create a new shipment at a broker. This forced the server restart. It would have been a painful weekend with servers locking constantly.

Dipping Into Floor in Designer
Fixed a bug that allowed your avatar to dip into the floor of the ship in the new designer. This was the code that was causing the bobbing when walking down hill. We'll see if all is well now.

Pilot Yaw Error
Fixed an error in the piloting code that would have adversely affected ships flying in Upright and Upside Down flight attitudes. This could have been deadly in some circumstances, possibly the cause for the recent ringworld atmosphere dives.

ATC Chatter
Fixed a bug in the air traffic radio messages to your ship. They weren't noticing when you stopped and started going again.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Haxus » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:45 pm

Celarious, did this update today fix the game data error? It should have.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Celarious » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:27 pm

Haxus wrote:Celarious, did this update today fix the game data error? It should have.

Ah, well I actually found a fix before by taking Ikkir's "GD" file, renaming it to "GD2", placing it in the temporary folder, and the launcher automatically downloaded the proper GD file.

Sorry that I can't help haha
Celarious

Postby Haxus » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:29 pm

As long as the error message is gone, I'm happy.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby zephar » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:13 pm

Error message what error messages ;)
zephar

Postby Deantwo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:04 am

Haxus wrote:Comm Notification
The comm now notifies you, in two ways, when a message arrives that mentions your avatar name.
  • Comm channel tab color is brown/gold when the channel contains a message that mentions your avatar name.
  • A window pops up when a message arrives that mentions your avatar name. This can be turned off on the settings window.

This is a nice feature, until I started talking with citizens.
Maybe you can limit it to only when avatars talk? Or at least add some options for us to pick of NPCs should cause the popup.

Also, maybe add the notification as a separate sound? So we can have a different custom sound, the default doesn't have to be different though.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Next

Return to Updates