A recent change introduced a deadlock that occurred sometimes while building a building. That is fixed.
Xian's Ring Can Be Lost
Xian's ring is supposed to be a no drop item, but that wasn't working so it was sometimes lost when an avatar died. Worse, the ring was sometimes tagged as a slippery item, so it was the first thing dropped when an avatar died. That bug is fixed.
Trade Permission Not Domain Based
The permission to change shipments at a broker was changed to be domain-based. The wording was also changed to be more clear, something like "Can manage broker shipments."
Same Named Avatars Bug
Fixed a bug that prevented two avatars with the same name from being assigned to the same boss in the empire hierarchy. Also, the UI now shows the Id of citizens in the list.
Trade and Passenger Job Range
Someone suggested that trade and passenger jobs should not be available from beyond neighboring sectors. The various jobs now have varying sector ranges for their availability. This affects the jobs that are offered by citizens and crew when you talk to them.
Broker UI Improvements
Broker window got some improvements.
- Broker window now has a splitter bar between the lists of orders being filled and the orders en route.
- Tool tips have a bit more information.
- Schedule Shipment button is now disabled if the broker cannot handle any more shipments.
- Broker window refreshes the list when it becomes visible.
Schedule shipment UI now remembers your last settings. Cities are now organized in a tree control similar to the star map.
Shipments to Other Galaxies
I have been telling people I was going to nerf the ability to schedule shipments to other galaxies. I changed my mind. Instead...
- Shipments cannot go to other galaxies in the opposite conflict/neutral zone from the shipper. Conflict zone cities cannot ship stuff to the neutral zone or vice versa.
- Shipment distance to other galaxies is based on the distance from the shipper to the center of the galaxy, then from the center of the destination galaxy to the destination city.
- I sent a shipment to another galaxy. It will get there in about ten days. The shipping cost was 17M per TEU.
Warp driven spacecraft still drive all the way to the sun. That does not make sense since it is no longer a braking maneuver. When executing a travel direct to solar system order, the navigator now decides you have arrived when the ship reaches the periphery of the system. That is also where the officer decides the mission order is complete. The decision range is outside the farthest orbit or wormhole, whichever is farther, with a margin of one more orbit distance.
Top Down View Sprites Slow
The sprites overlayed on the terrain to show buildings and resources caused a huge drop in frame rate. I cached a bunch of the information used to display those. They are quite a bit faster now. It is possible they will not update if a building tech level changes, and nothing else, until you move about 50m.