Update 2017-02-22

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: Update 2017-02-22

Postby Haxus » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:29 pm

How about if all doors are locked when a ship is new?
User avatar
Haxus
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Update 2017-02-22

Postby Phenoix12 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Haxus wrote:[*] No automation has been applied to doors in the new designs, either to open them or to close them. What do you think of this?


I'd think it be nice if we could have the option to make doors auto close/open. For closing either on a timer or if no one is in it's range.


Also another great update as always Haxus.
Though one thing you said was going to be put in wasn't. Though I'm guessing that it will be eventually. Can't rush perfection.
Phenoix12
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:28 pm

Re: Update 2017-02-22

Postby jakbruce2012 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:51 pm

Phenoix12 wrote:
Haxus wrote:[*] No automation has been applied to doors in the new designs, either to open them or to close them. What do you think of this?


I'd think it be nice if we could have the option to make doors auto close/open. For closing either on a timer or if no one is in it's range.


Also another great update as always Haxus.
Though one thing you said was going to be put in wasn't. Though I'm guessing that it will be eventually. Can't rush perfection.



I second this. An optional auto-close timer would be very helpful, especially for important sections of the ship.
User avatar
jakbruce2012
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:29 am

Re: Update 2017-02-22

Postby Deantwo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:10 am

Haxus wrote:How about if all doors are locked when a ship is new?

Currently crew doors are only locked if an avatar or officer is on the roster. Meaning that boarding is very easy if you happen to kill the officer.
I guess this wouldn't be the case then? How would people get around a new ship that has no crew?
I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
User avatar
Deantwo
 
Posts: 4719
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:38 am
Location: Rævehale

Re: Update 2017-02-22

Postby Haxus » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:46 am

It seems that the update broke ladders and gravity wells. I am working on this now. An update will be posted as soon as it is fixed.
User avatar
Haxus
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Update 2017-02-22

Postby Celarious » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:39 am

Just one thing, I've noticed I can walk through a closed door that is associated with a room hull. Is that intentional? I think it's a bug
Image
User avatar
Celarious
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: EVA

Re: Update 2017-02-22

Postby Haxus » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:02 am

Here are a couple of diagrams of door construction. They didn't make it into the update yesterday but they will be in the next update.
Image
Image
User avatar
Haxus
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Update 2017-02-22

Postby AnrDaemon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:41 am

Why not use center of the passage? I think that's what makes NPC always stuck on the edge of the door currently. They are trying hard to avoid the door and walk through the wall.
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon
 
Posts: 7343
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Update 2017-02-22

Postby jakbruce2012 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Deantwo wrote:
Haxus wrote:How about if all doors are locked when a ship is new?

Currently crew doors are only locked if an avatar or officer is on the roster. Meaning that boarding is very easy if you happen to kill the officer.
I guess this wouldn't be the case then? How would people get around a new ship that has no crew?



Could instead have new ships start unlocked, then auto lock the first time it gets crew?
User avatar
jakbruce2012
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:29 am

Re: Update 2017-02-22

Postby ResonKinetic » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:06 pm

AnrDaemon wrote:Why not use center of the passage? I think that's what makes NPC always stuck on the edge of the door currently. They are trying hard to avoid the door and walk through the wall.


you should be able to slide against walls anyway
NUMBERZero wrote:You would expect Syndicate to have anything less than TL32?

Image
Ross: "I just wonder what Haxus' philosophy on open-source code is."
Ikkir: "I'm pretty sure his philosophy is 'get fucked.'"
User avatar
ResonKinetic
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:30 pm

Previous

Return to Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron