Update 2017-02-10

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Update 2017-02-10

Postby Haxus » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:34 am

Design Studio Gravity
Design studio gravity was on by default, which affected the old designer in a bad way. Gravity in the designer is now off by default. The new designer remembers the setting and restores it on reentry.

Design Studio Body Rotation
Design studio body rotation is now back to normal.

Scene Update
While working on a bug with Deantwo, I discovered a chunk of data that was being sent to the client much more often than needed. It is fixed but not likely to affect the bug.

I wish I could say the original bug afflicting Deantwo was fixed; it's not. We're still working on it. It is getting most of my attention right now because it makes his program crash. Some debug code was added in this update to help narrow down the problem.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: Update 2017-02-10

Postby Deantwo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:48 am

Haxus wrote:Scene Update
While working on a bug with Deantwo, I discovered a chunk of data that was being sent to the client much more often than needed. It is fixed but not likely to affect the bug.

I wish I could say the original bug afflicting Deantwo was fixed; it's not. We're still working on it. It is getting most of my attention right now because it makes his program crash. Some debug code was added in this update to help narrow down the problem.

Improvements are always good. ^^

But yeah, it only seems to be that one planet since I have been exploring more planets since.
I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
Deantwo

Postby Celarious » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:51 am

Wanted to say thanks for all the updates again! Looking good!
Celarious

Postby Haxus » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:29 pm

It is fun. I like this phase of fixing bugs and tying up loose ends. It is more interactive. Things should continue to come together quickly.

The previous phase of ginning up tons of new code was getting lonely, pushing through it, with long hours of deep thought and typing madly, always typing. It is necessary to grow. That recent surge increased the SoH code base by about 10%.

I suppose it is like adding a fresh blob of clay to a work in progress. Let us see how it takes shape.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby jakbruce2012 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:37 pm

I'm so hyped for new ships! It's forcing me to relearn a skill that I have not used in many years.
jakbruce2012

Return to Updates