Be alert to anything broken about the old style ships in this update. They got touched a lot. Ships and crews on the debug server grid seem to be functioning normally.
A low res model is used when near a world, while waiting for the higher res model to be finished. That low res model was painting clouds on the ground and also cloud layers in the air, which looked strange. It is fixed.
A menu option was added to the new designer to finalize a design.
- A design can be finalized in two ways, as a complete design or as an assembly.
- Assemblies get little validation. They just require some geometry and a name.
- Full designs get extensive validation to insure they can be manufactured as a game object. This validation is a bit weak at present; it will get more picky with time. There are lots of invalid constructs that would pass right now.
- A successfully finalized design or assembly is stored into the library as a new read-only design. The state will show Final or Assembly respectively.
- Finalizing a design has no effect on the current working design.
- Only Final and Assembly designs can be published.
- Only Final designs can be manufactured.
- The finalize option can be run in the off line designer to check a design.
A request was made to preserve architect information at a lower level in the designs, rather than one single design architect.
- Each part of a design now remembers the architect who created it.
- Design analysis shows the architect of the design and it also lists the architects of individual parts, by name and avatar id; it doesn't enumerate each part.
- Parts can be sealed/unsealed by the architect of the part. Sealed parts cannot be edited in object mode, made into other parts, or certain other edits. They can be copied/pasted and stored into files.
- Parts list shows the architect of a part on the tool tip for the new Seal column.
- A user interface is needed to remap texture palette entries in sealed parts. It will be done.
Design analysis in the new designer now shows the manufacturing process. It's generated very similarly to the old designs so should produce similar results.
Designer paths menu now has an option to check doors. This examines selected doors to decide if they are hull doors or interior doors.
Engineer stations and consoles no longer request an FTL module when placing them in non-starships. An error is now reported if you add an FTL system to a non-starship.
Fixed a bug that could have left someone in limbo who was in an on line instance of the new designer. A failed SQL query might have left them stuck. It is fixed and I will be sure to scan for people in limbo before restarting the servers.