Update 2017-01-24 Design Online, Library and Exchange

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: Update 2017-01-24 Design Online, Library and Exchange

Postby Haxus » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:11 pm

Deantwo wrote:subterranean option, maybe it would be more interesting for vehicles rather than spacecrafts

I thought the same thing.

Deantwo wrote:hoping it would be restricted to while being at the Design Studio

Browsing through the exchange might become something interesting to do while traveling.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby the Lana » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Haxus wrote:Armor Volume
Someone suggested allocating armor as hull volume. It sounded like a good idea. The report will still aggregate the amount to an armor factor, mainly to fit easily into the current combat system. It could change in the future. The maximum armor factor of 10 is achieved when armor volume equals 1/2 the hull volume. Fractional armor factors are applied properly, so you can have an armor factor like 2.45. Tech level goes up with armor factor like the old designs.

Seems like lvl 10 armor would be eating up more options than the old system would? Way more. I'm not complaining, it just seems like there's now a tradeoff that favors more equipment (weapons/shields) instead of armor, to a point. Should be interesting to see how that turns out.

Also, would it be possible to mess with multiple architects? I imagine, perhaps in super large ships (think full size TL 32), certain teams will collaborate on the design. Might be a bit much to ask, would be easy just to make a character named "Syndicate Shipyards" to signify that and publish through that character...hmm.
Just Lana :)
the Lana

Postby Greydog » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:29 pm

Would it be at all possible to add a hard tag or something to the design that can remember who the original architect was and list it no matter how many times someone else modifies it?
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

Shores of Hazeron Repository
Greydog

Postby Jey123456 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Greydog wrote:Would it be at all possible to add a hard tag or something to the design that can remember who the original architect was and list it no matter how many times someone else modifies it?

pretty sure its already like that if you use the library, the tag get loss if you share the file shared on your hdd, but no matter what was done (short of keeping a copy of the file on your hdd on the server and validating it) someone could always just edit the name in the file before loading it xD.
Jey123456

Postby Greydog » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:41 pm

Haxus wrote:
Design Architect
FYI. Architect information is not rigidly preserved in .SoH files. The information might be in there but the person who loads a design from a .SoH file becomes the architect of the working design.

I suppose I could have added this with that post ...it is what prompted the question.

Also..

- The grids seem to be missing in both online designers for me.
- I could not see the design loaded in the old one and could not load a file in the new one.
- I exited the old one once with no problems and also the new one once, but my second exit from the old one resulted in a looping transition screen (would run for a bit, stop, and immediately run again) for a few minutes then went to a black screen with ui elements present. I could see the mini-me rotate but not look up and down.
- My character is currently stuck in that black screen. Skeexyx: MOSJXI
- I can switch characters and they do work.

It's probably also proper to note that my GTX 660 came apart yesterday and I had to upgrade it to a GTX 1050i.

*edit*
I see no issues with either offline designer.

Greydog

Postby Celarious » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:21 am

Awesome! Thanks for the grid direction buttons, they're amazing!
Celarious

Postby Deantwo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:06 am

Celarious wrote:Awesome! Thanks for the grid direction buttons, they're amazing!

While I did just find out how to change the grid direction with the "3 step grid move", I agree that these new buttons will be helpful.

Funny how there is a new update right adter I give the designer another go. ^^;
Last edited by Deantwo on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
Deantwo

Postby the Lana » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:39 am

Just downloading the update now.

o.o

…forgot how long these things can take. Should have done this last night.
Just Lana :)
the Lana

Postby Celarious » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:41 am

Deantwo wrote:
Celarious wrote:Awesome! Thanks for the grid direction buttons, they're amazing!

While I did just find out how to change the grid direction with the "3 step grid move", i agree that these new buttons will be helpful.

Funny how there is a new update right adter I give the designer another go. ^^;

It helps with not having to draw a grid when you're in the middle of selecting points
Celarious

Postby Greydog » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:15 pm

Greydog wrote: - My character is currently stuck in that black screen. Skeexyx: MOSJXI

I was able to do a recall and get out of it.

Online designers are still borked for me.

Greydog

PreviousNext

Return to Updates