Designer Status

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: Designer Status

Postby ResonKinetic » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:29 pm

the Lana wrote:Perhaps ensure that a prone creature of any size can make it to all consoles?

nah
NUMBERZero wrote:You would expect Syndicate to have anything less than TL32?

Ross: "I just wonder what Haxus' philosophy on open-source code is."
Ikkir: "I'm pretty sure his philosophy is 'get fucked.'"
ResonKinetic

Postby Deantwo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:51 pm

Haxus wrote:I want to see a ship made for those 1900 hp dudes. It would be like land of the giants.

Damn, now I want the LegacyVerse size diffences. But that would be too big of a change... pun intended... ignore me...
I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
Deantwo

Postby QuakeIV » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:52 pm

I mean it will work both ways, tiny species make pretty useless troopers due to their low health. They tend to be one-hit far more easily than their larger counterparts.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.

Vae Victus
QuakeIV

Postby Haxus » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:53 pm

There are body geometry limitations when making new characters. This was to insure they could get into and operate "standard" size spacecraft and vehicles and equipment. That is probably no longer needed.

It would be an interesting experience to encounter a ship too big or too small to use. Or to find an enormous rifle, too big to carry.

I watched an old Star Trek episode recently that touches on the subject, "The Corbomite Maneuver". They are met by an enormous spacecraft much larger than the Enterprise. When they beam aboard, it is small and cramped. They have to stoop and crouch to move around without bumping their heads.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Greydog » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:57 am

This is cool, I'd always thought of making a Toydarian type race who's legs are basically useless and need to fly everywhere, (Watto from SW) but they came out with around 12hp so I didn't do it. This may give me a reason to again.

On the flip side ..you're not suggesting we be able to make the 1900hp races in the creator are you?. If that's the case, that's all most people would create.

The one's we have (or had) were created via trial and error in the breeding process. I think they should stay there. I could see max HP possibly being bumped up to 100 - 120 at character creation, but not much farther than that.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

Shores of Hazeron Repository
Greydog

Postby ResonKinetic » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:23 am

i think there should be some kind of downside to large creatures to dissuade people from making them constantly. nothing ridiculous, but something like decreased movement speed proportionate to their size, unless they give extra attention to speed stats.
then again, it's kind of already like that since you have to spend extra points to get huge and strong anyway

while I'm thinking about it, equipment should have a higher cost too since you're making huge items that would require more material. another factor consider.

and then there's the whole "being too big to fight a smaller enemy but you're still an easy target because you're enormous" factor

ResonKinetic

Postby Haxus » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:29 pm

The size limit for new characters will remain. There used to be a minimum CG height so everyone could walk into the standard space ship hovering just above the ground. I'm not sure if that limit is still there.

I really really don't want to deal with different sizes of things you can wear.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Ikkir Isth » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Haxus wrote:I really really don't want to deal with different sizes of things you can wear.

But then you could have drastically different clothing sizes for each race! (1 for the males, and then 3-5 different scales for the female clothing lines)
Making things with OpenGL: Image
Working on- an exploration game.
@Ikkir_Isth
Ikkir Isth

Postby ResonKinetic » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:17 pm

Haxus wrote:I really really don't want to deal with different sizes of things you can wear.

well it would be cool, but i definitely wouldn't say it's a priority or anything.

i imagine it could also be done relatively easily if it's accomplished by merely restricting items made by an empire to creatures within a certain margin of that size range
Last edited by ResonKinetic on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ResonKinetic

Postby Lexx » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:36 pm

Haxus wrote:There are body geometry limitations when making new characters. This was to insure they could get into and operate "standard" size spacecraft and vehicles and equipment. That is probably no longer needed.

It would be an interesting experience to encounter a ship too big or too small to use. Or to find an enormous rifle, too big to carry.

I watched an old Star Trek episode recently that touches on the subject, "The Corbomite Maneuver". They are met by an enormous spacecraft much larger than the Enterprise. When they beam aboard, it is small and cramped. They have to stoop and crouch to move around without bumping their heads.

That would be interesting when player designed weapons come out. Tiny species only being able to handle the recoil of pistol calibers while giant species could carry weapons chambered in heavy arms ammo.
Lexx

PreviousNext

Return to Updates