Designer Status

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Designer Status

Postby Haxus » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:33 pm

I finished up collisions and accessible areas this week. Some people will be happy to know the gravity of different compartments can be individually configured. A wheel type station or ship is possible now.

Tomorrow will be spent working on pathing and tying up loose ends. I don't expect to get it all done. Some things will be completed as the various systems are brought on line.

I plan to post an update on Monday. Other than loose ends, it will be the mostly completed first version of the new designer.

That is a milestone. Work will then begin on creating a functioning spacecraft using one of these new designs. Each system must be hooked up and tested. The work should go quickly for the most part.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: Designer Status

Postby Ikkir Isth » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:39 am

Haxus wrote:I finished up collisions and accessible areas this week. Some people will be happy to know the gravity of different compartments can be individually configured. A wheel type station or ship is possible now.

Tomorrow will be spent working on pathing and tying up loose ends. I don't expect to get it all done. Some things will be completed as the various systems are brought on line.

Oh my. This will definitely make racetracks more... interesting. I assume that the outside of the ship will still have near-contact top-to-bottom gravity only, right? Since I'm on the topic of racetracks, could use some gravitic field generators with a definable bound if you are making modular gravity (or things like a sloping wall with gravity defined as with a bottom contact to wall thing so you could walk up it and then onto what used to be the wall/ceiling).
Making things with OpenGL: Image
Working on- an exploration game.
@Ikkir_Isth
Ikkir Isth

Postby the Lana » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:26 am

Since we are on the topic, is it going to be possible to make itty bitty hallways to prevent larger species from accessing your Bridge, Etc?

Part of me doesn't like the idea of making a minimum room size to prevent this, but I'm not sure how else to prevent it.

Perhaps a rule that checks the path from the entrance or Transporter to the helm and other stations?
Just Lana :)
the Lana

Postby Deantwo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:08 am

the Lana wrote:Since we are on the topic, is it going to be possible to make itty bitty hallways to prevent larger species from accessing your Bridge, Etc?

I have been wondering about this too. But I think it is an issue that will have to wait until the creature update. Right now the collision box for creatures is just tiny at your feet.

As for using this as a tactical thing to prevent other creaturss entry in your design... not sure I like that idea all that much. I guess we could just go prone and crawl through, but that just looks kind of silly some times.
I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
Deantwo

Postby the Lana » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:33 pm

Deantwo wrote: I guess we could just go prone and crawl through, but that just looks kind of silly some times.

Hopefully not so much after the creature update ;)
the Lana

Postby Lexx » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:03 pm

the Lana wrote:Since we are on the topic, is it going to be possible to make itty bitty hallways to prevent larger species from accessing your Bridge, Etc?

Part of me doesn't like the idea of making a minimum room size to prevent this, but I'm not sure how else to prevent it.

Perhaps a rule that checks the path from the entrance or Transporter to the helm and other stations?

Larger species could be forced to crouch or crawl through ships with smaller corridors. Might give a tactical advantage to the crew.
Lexx

Postby Haxus » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:22 pm

To be fair to the cat, it is decreed that henceforth all mouse holes be cat sized.

Haha not really. :lol:
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Haxus » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:24 pm

I want to see a ship made for those 1900 hp dudes. It would be like land of the giants.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby the Lana » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:25 pm

Perhaps ensure that a prone creature of any size can make it to all consoles?
the Lana

Postby Ikkir Isth » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Haxus wrote:To be fair to the cat, it is decreed that henceforth all mouse holes be cat sized.

Haha not really. :lol:

Making things with OpenGL: Image
Working on- an exploration game.
@Ikkir_Isth
Ikkir Isth

Next

Return to Updates