2016-12-10 Designer Status w/Ships

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: 2016-12-10 Designer Status w/Ships

Postby Trusin » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:11 pm

I always wanted radio / communication to play more of a role. In essence building an observatory or starport increases the range at which I could "reach out" to farther stars and communicate with civs. Sharing data like designs via subspace communication would play into that nicely.

I always felt like the comm system was setup that way but you can always talk at any level regardless. I feel like there should just be a general game chat and then the levels are based on your technology and relay stations you have access too.
Trusin

Postby Phenoix12 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:56 pm

The ability to actually name rooms... The old way of rooms getting assigned a number is okay... for smaller ships ... but in larger ones I can imagine.

Seeing that I'm in 'Deck 10 Hall 4' aboard a ship can be very confusing if you don't fully remember what number room was where... Since the new designer will allow for even more complex designs it be nice to name rooms so that instead of the old 'Deck[#], Room[#]' way of telling you where on your ship you are we can have like... 'Deck 2, Main Port-side Hall' or 'Starboard Nacelle Engine Room'

Would make navigating larger ships much easier for player crew and such.
Phenoix12

Postby ResonKinetic » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:01 pm

Trusin wrote:I always wanted radio / communication to play more of a role. In essence building an observatory or starport increases the range at which I could "reach out" to farther stars and communicate with civs. Sharing data like designs via subspace communication would play into that nicely.

I always felt like the comm system was setup that way but you can always talk at any level regardless. I feel like there should just be a general game chat and then the levels are based on your technology and relay stations you have access too.

I like this idea a lot
NUMBERZero wrote:You would expect Syndicate to have anything less than TL32?

Ross: "I just wonder what Haxus' philosophy on open-source code is."
Ikkir: "I'm pretty sure his philosophy is 'get fucked.'"
ResonKinetic

Postby Leadphalanx » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:24 pm

With how quickly Haxus has been powering through this editor I'm excited to see what progress has been made this week.
Leadphalanx

Previous

Return to Updates