2016-12-10 Designer Status w/Ships

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: 2016-12-10 Designer Status w/Ships

Postby Ikkir Isth » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:03 pm

ResonKinetic wrote:buildings are just ships that never move

Obviously we haven't engineered buildings enough then. Non-motile buildings are so last century.
Making things with OpenGL: Image
Working on- an exploration game.
@Ikkir_Isth
Ikkir Isth

Postby ResonKinetic » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:14 pm

TL32 buildings should just be manufactured dimensional anomalies accessed by your psyche then
ResonKinetic

Postby Leadphalanx » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:28 pm

Pffft. By the time your moving and dimensional anomaly buildings are built my race will have already moved on to buildings made of cheese. Clearly you will all be slaves to our superior building technology.

I'm super hoping we get our hands on an early version of the editor this week.
Leadphalanx

Postby Ikkir Isth » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:33 pm

ResonKinetic wrote:TL32 buildings should just be manufactured dimensional anomalies accessed by your psyche then

Its true, all the cool MMO's use instances these days.
Making things with OpenGL: Image
Working on- an exploration game.
@Ikkir_Isth
Ikkir Isth

Postby RodneyMcKay123 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:43 pm

So.. it begins

Supreme Leader Tarkington of The First Order
RodneyMcKay123

Postby ResonKinetic » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:13 pm

Ikkir Isth wrote:
ResonKinetic wrote:TL32 buildings should just be manufactured dimensional anomalies accessed by your psyche then

Its true, all the cool MMO's use instances these days.

*FIRE EMOJI*
ResonKinetic

Postby revann1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:08 pm

Haxus wrote:I also intend to change the design publishing/sharing system a lot. Here are some rough ideas.

I will eliminate the current method of publishing designs, where you sell them at a design studio.

I want to see a user interface that lets me browse all published designs in the game. It should let me buy designs that others have published. It should also let me publish my own designs and manage them, like who can access them, price, etc.

I actually enjoyed seeing the different designs at different studios, so if you want that special ship that 1 empire makes you need to travel there to buy it again, making a certain world more popular for its spacecraft design capabilities.

I also love the idea of boarding a ship to get the design if its very good, and having to bring it back to base safely to reverse engineer it and construct it yourself, reminds be of SW Episode IV

just my 2 cents, but I know youll come up with cool shit as always XD
revann1

Postby ResonKinetic » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:05 am

revann1 wrote:I actually enjoyed seeing the different designs at different studios, so if you want that special ship that 1 empire makes you need to travel there to buy it again, making a certain world more popular for its spacecraft design capabilities.

I also love the idea of boarding a ship to get the design if its very good, and having to bring it back to base safely to reverse engineer it and construct it yourself, reminds be of SW Episode IV

just my 2 cents, but I know youll come up with cool shit as always XD

I'm assuming that this will stay the same for ships that are not made publicly available, but if a user wants, they can make a certain design available for public use. that is the gist I'm getting from what haxus is saying
ResonKinetic

Postby Deantwo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:30 am

revann1 wrote:I actually enjoyed seeing the different designs at different studios, so if you want that special ship that 1 empire makes you need to travel there to buy it again, making a certain world more popular for its spacecraft design capabilities.

To get a design that isn't public, you'll still have to buy it from the architect. Or you can of course capture the spacecraft and copy the design.

I think the problem is that people don't normally "fly to the seller" since that is likely a very very long trip. Berth-a-porting is a lot easier to do. So this was never really a thing.

I don't know about everyone else, but I normally don't feel like using the designs made by others, I tend to be very picky.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby ResonKinetic » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:21 am

Deantwo wrote:To get a design that isn't public, you'll still have to buy it from the architect. Or you can of course capture the spacecraft and copy the design.

I think the problem is that people don't normally "fly to the seller" since that is likely a very very long trip. Berth-a-porting is a lot easier to do. So this was never really a thing.

I don't know about everyone else, but I normally don't feel like using the designs made by others, I tend to be very picky.

yeah, but one day someone might have a stellar ship design that everyone will want to use or something.

Plus, it would be extremely useful for an empire to have universal access to their own designs as haxus mentioned
ResonKinetic

PreviousNext

Return to Updates