2016-12-03 Designer Status w/Pics

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: 2016-12-03 Designer Status w/Pics

Postby ResonKinetic » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:37 pm

I love the designers in planet explorers lol I can't wait to do stuff like that in hazeron
ResonKinetic

Postby Phenoix12 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:26 pm

Are we going to be able to design chairs and such on our ships and buildings... because I would love to be able to build a little tea room on my flag ship with large bay windows so I can sit and enjoy a relaxing cup of space tea while watching my fleet bombard the planet below.

Speaking of designing furniture we will be able to design individual bits (besides doors and guns which you've confirmed) and paste them in, right? So if our ship designs have some common features we can just save that bit and load it into another design?

Example being we design, say, a ornate grate/railing and we want to be able to use it on more ships, we could save a segment of the shape as a thing we could load into other designs.

I really hope so because that would make making ships that have a sort of uniform style for an empire much easier then having to recreate every little detail from scratch for every design.
Phenoix12

Postby Leadphalanx » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Phenoix12 wrote:Speaking of designing furniture we will be able to design individual bits (besides doors and guns which you've confirmed) and paste them in, right? So if our ship designs have some common features we can just save that bit and load it into another design?

Definitely would be nice to have a 'prefab' list to save to along with the door jigs. Could just click on a prefab and have a dropdown box to add functionality to it like 'chair' or 'button' or 'storage' etc.
Leadphalanx

Postby ResonKinetic » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:51 pm

Leadphalanx wrote:Definitely would be nice to have a 'prefab' list to save to along with the door jigs. Could just click on a prefab and have a dropdown box to add functionality to it like 'chair' or 'button' or 'storage' etc.

i'd like to push the chair to launch the nukes as i sit on my captain's door
ResonKinetic

Postby Leadphalanx » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:02 pm

ResonKinetic wrote:i'd like to push the chair to launch the nukes as i sit on my captain's door

Actually gives me an idea for a trap. Just make a door shaped like a chair and a bit of the floor so when some ship thief goes to sit down they fall out of your ship.

Agh, I need to get my hands on this dang designer.
Leadphalanx

Postby Phenoix12 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:57 pm

...you know I've been wondering about ship coloring and stuff with this new designer.

Since most people will probably design their ships to incorporate their empires color schemes it would be kinda odd if another empire gets hold of the design and is stuck with a ship that isn't' the same color scheme of the rest of their empire.

So I would hope a little for something to either repaint ships that are already built or maybe some sort of faction-color option that you can designate certain parts of the ship to be 'faction-color' which would automatically make it some color that the emperor picked... probably in the same menu where we pick color contrails. And maybe with captured ships the next time you dock with one of your towns or stations it recolors your captured ship to your empire... oh boy I'm rambling.

The wait for this new designer is the hardest part. Even now I'm speculating on stuff and hoping for features. I'm way to hype for this that I've been holding off on designing new ships until the new designer comes out.
Phenoix12

Postby ResonKinetic » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:29 pm

friendly reminder that every word of our ideas equates to about 1000 lines of code each :^)
ResonKinetic

Postby Ikkir Isth » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:06 pm

Not really. Shader code with an input color is already done, and its fairly trivial to use set color keys in a texture to set those colors as a 'faction color'.
Making things with OpenGL: Image
Working on- an exploration game.
@Ikkir_Isth
Ikkir Isth

Postby Phenoix12 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:28 pm

Personally I'd like the ability to set 3 colors for faction colors; primary, secondary, and tertiary... if he doesn't such a thing ...mostly because it would give greater ability for ships to recolor for the owning faction.

But really in the end it is what ever Haxus wants it to be and no matter what I'm sure it will be awesome, I mean it's not like we can make him add stuff so pretty much what I'm saying is just speculation and a little hope. I'm still super stoked for the new designer no matter what features it may or may not have at the start.

...I should probably start practicing with a 3D shape thing so I know how to use one for when the designer comes out.
Phenoix12

Postby the Lana » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:20 am

Phenoix12 wrote:The wait for this new designer is the hardest part.
Just Lana :)
the Lana

PreviousNext

Return to Updates