Update 2016-11-19 Designer Status

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Update 2016-11-19 Designer Status

Postby Haxus » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:11 pm

I was unable to post a preview of the new ship designer this week. I tried hard to get there but just could not make it happen.

I spent a good portion of the week wrestling with one of the most brutal algorithms of my career, lots of geometry and trigonometry. It is crucial to the new designer so I had to grind through it. This morning I compared getting back to work to jumping into a cold swimming pool filled with cactus and jelly fish. It wasn't quite that bad; I was just whining.

The good ending is that I cracked the nut on that algorithm today. With that out of the way, work on the new designer should be smooth sailing from here. There's a lot to be done but it's not likely to leave bruises on my brain.

I will likely spend some time Monday fixing bugs. A serious problem cropped up recently due to some ship designs not getting saved in the database, leaving bogus ships and stations that cause trouble. I apologize for ignoring this all week but I was in too deep to break out of it.

I saw a strange movie once called "Naked Lunch", about what it's like to be an author. It was one of those surreal creations that jumps around and leaves the viewer confused and disoriented about what is going on. It wasn't until I saw it a couple of times and put the pieces together that I realized what it was about. This week was particularly Naked Lunch, to use it as an adjective.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: Update 2016-11-19 Designer Status

Postby ResonKinetic » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:37 pm

glad you're making progress. I really appreciate the TLC being put into the new designer and I can't wait to use it
ResonKinetic

Re: Update 2016-11-19 Designer Status

Postby AnrDaemon » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:23 am

Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Return to Updates