2016-11-11 Update - Designer Screen Shots

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: 2016-11-11 Update - Designer Screen Shots

Postby Deantwo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:37 am

Ivan wrote:- fixing large hull door won't open bug when a docked ship also has a large hull door

I am not sure what you mean, but my guess is that you mean the bug with opening doors if an object is on the other side?
See: (Bug report) Weird feeling operating hull doors. Wish you would rename that thread Anr.

Ivan wrote: and fixing transporter to center of ship bug

Last I heard, this bug doesn't have a 100% chance of being reproduced, so unless you can give exact steps to reproduce it, it is hard to fix it.
See: (Bug report) Transporter takes u to center of ship instead of TP room
I invalidate your reality and wait for it to be refreshed.
Deantwo

Postby Ivan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:54 am

Deantwo wrote:
Ivan wrote:- fixing large hull door won't open bug when a docked ship also has a large hull door

I am not sure what you mean, but my guess is that you mean the bug with opening doors if an object is on the other side?
See: (Bug report) Weird feeling operating hull doors. Wish you would rename that thread Anr.

Ivan wrote: and fixing transporter to center of ship bug

Last I heard, this bug doesn't have a 100% chance of being reproduced, so unless you can give exact steps to reproduce it, it is hard to fix it.
See: (Bug report) Transporter takes u to center of ship instead of TP room

The first only happens when there is another ship inside the carrier that has a hull door and u press M in a third ship outside the carrier. The hull door of the docked ship is openend by M instead of the door of the carrier. When u remove that ship with a hull door, the carrier's door does respond to pressing M. Haxus is aware of this (I told him in chat and he made notes)

The teleport to center happens every 10 times i teleport or so. Enough to be annoying. But yes I don't know what causes it, seems a bit random.
Ivan

Postby Deantwo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:08 am

Ivan wrote:
Deantwo wrote:

The first only happens when there is another ship inside the carrier that has a hull door and u press M in a third ship outside the carrier. The hull door of the docked ship is openend by M instead of the door of the carrier. When u remove that ship with a hull door, the carrier's door does respond to pressing M. Haxus is aware of this (I told him in chat and he made notes)

Ah, what you wrote before wasn't all that clear. I guess it simply happen because the docked ship's center is closer to you than the center of the carrier.

Anyway, off topic, I just wanted to actually link to the bug reports for reference. Guess there isn't a report for this one though.
Deantwo

Postby AnrDaemon » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:19 pm

Without linking the old thread here, I'd just point an obvious, but often overlooked moment:
There's a difference between design, tools and game mechanics.
As an example: Room numbering is a design attribute (weapon bays aggregation by room #), but it can easily be solved by the tools you use to create a design (ease the placement of new rooms by automatically renumbering them.)
Not to mention, removing room numbers dampens both design decision and creativity. What should happen, when you place two holds next to each other? Should they merge automatically? Why yes? No? Why not?
Et cetera.
Really, you could just head straight back to the old thread, if you want to continue it.
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby Salabasama » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:12 pm

Haxus, is the new ship designer still going to use placed objects to represent the engines and weapons and such, or will it be something else you've thought of such as mass allocation? I do really enjoy dismantling systems I can see with tools, so I have to ask.
Salabasama

Postby Jorn Stones » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Salabasama wrote:Haxus, is the new ship designer still going to use placed objects to represent the engines and weapons and such, or will it be something else you've thought of such as mass allocation? I do really enjoy dismantling systems I can see with tools, so I have to ask.

Haxus plans to remove all those phyiscal things that you have to place en-masse, but there will be access panels for the various systems, at the very least. although dismantling systems can become a tad bit though if there is only a single access panel for each system hidden around in a big ship, so I'm not sure how he plans on working that out :/
Jorn Stones

Postby Deantwo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:21 pm

Jorn Stones wrote:
Salabasama wrote:Haxus, is the new ship designer still going to use placed objects to represent the engines and weapons and such, or will it be something else you've thought of such as mass allocation? I do really enjoy dismantling systems I can see with tools, so I have to ask.

Haxus plans to remove all those phyiscal things that you have to place en-masse, but there will be access panels for the various systems, at the very least. although dismantling systems can become a tad bit though if there is only a single access panel for each system hidden around in a big ship, so I'm not sure how he plans on working that out :/

Yeah, I at least remember suggesting access panels. Kinda like it was seen in Star Trek and such. Don't remember hearing Haxus say anything about it though.
Some systems could also have "consoles" or other machinery as props on the ship, for example a big warp-core in engineering or a targeting computer in the weapon bay.

As for the locations and amount. Some bonuses for having "access panels" spread out over the ship could be added. Would also add a little extra to designing I guess?
Like for example: Life support system could be faster at repressurizing the ship if each hallway has a life support access panel. Shields could recharge a little faster if the ship has an access panel on each side of the ship.
This could also encourage more than just a minimal interior.
Deantwo

Postby Deantwo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:22 pm

Haxus, we miss you!

(I missed that my statement about why I love Hazeron was in the middle there. >_<)
Deantwo

Postby ResonKinetic » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:49 pm

day 9:

i've lost all sensation in my arms and legs but i still believe the prophesied updates are coming
NUMBERZero wrote:You would expect Syndicate to have anything less than TL32?

Ross: "I just wonder what Haxus' philosophy on open-source code is."
Ikkir: "I'm pretty sure his philosophy is 'get fucked.'"
ResonKinetic

Postby Deantwo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:16 pm

I talked with Haxus on the phone.
I think it was the first time? I am actually unsure, may have had a short phone conversation before now that I think about it.

Anyway, Haxus is still alive and work on the designer is going well. I urged him to at least post a message on the forum saying that he was alive. Hopefully he will here soon. ^^;
Deantwo

PreviousNext

Return to Updates