2016-08-11 Windows 32 bit SoH is Back

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: 2016-08-11 Windows 32 bit SoH is Back

Postby ResonKinetic » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:32 pm

This is probably unrelated but wow Haxus.

I don't know how you did it and I don't know when you did it but apparently Hazeron (or at least the primeval world) runs flawlessly on even my lowest end PCs. I'm astounded and amazed. You're a miracle worker of some fashion. Now I can play pretty much anywhere.
Image
User avatar
ResonKinetic
 
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:30 pm

Re: 2016-08-11 Windows 32 bit SoH is Back

Postby Haxus » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:33 pm

I am currently building an update that uses Qt 5.6.0 instead of Qt 5.7.0. I hope those gains aren't lost in the shuffle. The 64 bit Windows version has been posted. The 32 bit version will be posted shortly.

"Even a rock will crumble, if you smack it night and day." - Aerosmith

Oh no, am I really that old?
User avatar
Haxus
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2731
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: 2016-08-11 Windows 32 bit SoH is Back

Postby zephar » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:42 pm

Haxus wrote:I am currently building an update that uses Qt 5.6.0 instead of Qt 5.7.0. I hope those gains aren't lost in the shuffle. The 64 bit Windows version has been posted. The 32 bit version will be posted shortly.

"Even a rock will crumble, if you smack it night and day." - Aerosmith

Oh no, am I really that old?


Dam you, for making me feel old for fact that I understood the quote and then you state am I really that old =(.

Now your reminding me that i'm old =( :P
zephar
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:39 am

Re: 2016-08-11 Windows 32 bit SoH is Back

Postby Riversand » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:31 am

Just to let people, such as Haxus know, 32 bit doesn't work due to the launcher itself not being a valid 32-bit application.

https://gyazo.com/1bbceafe7ef593ac80bdec7a80313f3f

I would love ot be able to play this game on my older computer, rather than bumming off of someone elses till i get my higher TL computer parts in.
Riversand
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: 2016-08-11 Windows 32 bit SoH is Back

Postby Deantwo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:35 am

Riversand wrote:Just to let people, such as Haxus know, 32 bit doesn't work due to the launcher itself not being a valid 32-bit application.

https://gyazo.com/1bbceafe7ef593ac80bdec7a80313f3f

I really should finish my third-party launcher, even more so with all the new WPF I have learned over the last few weeks.

Poke me on Discord later or in the weekend. Maybe you can help me test it?
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
User avatar
Deantwo
 
Posts: 4969
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:38 am
Location: Rævehale

Re: 2016-08-11 Windows 32 bit SoH is Back

Postby Riversand » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Deantwo wrote:
Riversand wrote:Just to let people, such as Haxus know, 32 bit doesn't work due to the launcher itself not being a valid 32-bit application.

https://gyazo.com/1bbceafe7ef593ac80bdec7a80313f3f

I really should finish my third-party launcher, even more so with all the new WPF I have learned over the last few weeks.

Poke me on Discord later or in the weekend. Maybe you can help me test it?


Sure. just PM me your info.
Riversand
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: 2016-08-11 Windows 32 bit SoH is Back

Postby Haxus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:24 pm

I am building new launchers with the update today. The Win32 platform has finished and the launcher checks out fine on my test machines.

Due to a version change, I have to wait until all platform builds are complete before restarting the servers and posting client updates. The dates next to the links on the downloads page will change when the update is posted.

Please post here if the problem persists after you get the update. I may need to set up a test computer with a fresh install of Win32 to duplicate the problem.
User avatar
Haxus
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2731
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: 2016-08-11 Windows 32 bit SoH is Back

Postby Riversand » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:30 pm

The build for win32 failed to launch the launcher again. t he launcher itself is not a valid win32 program to my windows XP computer.
Riversand
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: 2016-08-11 Windows 32 bit SoH is Back

Postby AnrDaemon » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Try again on Win7.
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: 2016-08-11 Windows 32 bit SoH is Back

Postby Haxus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:04 pm

I will try setting up a WinXP box to do the build. Give me a few days to fit this in.
User avatar
Haxus
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2731
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Previous

Return to Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron