Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inventory Full, Not Replacing Lower Quality
I have a machine shop producing tools. The storage has gotten full with quality ~150 tools using the available materials.

I built a new colony to get a better source of materials, quality ~200. After a few days now, the storage of old quality ~150 tools has not been replaced and it isn't getting used very fast. The manufacturing process just report that the inventory full.

There are a small amount of issues with building inventories in general it seems. If the manufacturing process would create more commodities than the building's inventory can hold, the manufacturing process might even fail and prevent any production at all.
See: (Bug report) No Stock Buildup, Yet Full?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Check what Q of resources production line uses (and patents). Most of the time it doesnt pick better materials even if you set higher minimum quality. Have to remove whole line and set minQ before citizen starts working
I said multiple times that all this "set minq" was a mistake, that only overcomplicated the game without any benefit.
I found this issue today and let me say it is a royal pain in the butt. First off I colonized a few planets, to get cryozine and in process found other resources better than starting world.

So I dropped a mine at radioactives, oilwells for plastics. Not only did I have to go back and do a new patent for the oil, radioactives, I now had to re-patent everything that had to do with them. Electronics, nuclear rods, armor, etc etc. This has been a tedious process, that if known beforehand, would still be a pain but would have at least re-patented the resources.

On a side note, would be handy in capitol to have a demolish building button somewhere. Going to visit every mine to find the outdated resources is tedious. At least could turn off production at capitol.
(10-16-2019, 02:20 AM)Lochar Wrote: On a side note, would be handy in capitol to have a demolish building button somewhere. Going to visit every mine to find the outdated resources is tedious. At least could turn off production at capitol.

You have a demolish button in the capitol window. It will destroy the currently selected building.
I must have missed that button, thought looked at em all but will check again.
Bump. Ok I am still seeing issues with this.
For some reason my factory was full of quality 197 heat sinks, because it was fetching some leftover quality 170 cryozine. It had kept using this lower quality cryozine even through the city had some quality 207 cryozine available, and the inventory was full and not getting replaced since the factory didn't fetch the better stuff.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I'm having this issue as well with an plastic production line that has shut down. For some reason my oil wells are not producing. It also says that their inventories are full. There is no oil present anywhere in the cities inventory. The wells are still running, just not producing anything.

*edit* I got the production working by tearing down the old wells and rebuilding them ..note: deleting and restarting production lines did not work.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!