Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: My friend is a friend of my enemy. When asked for known city information for star map queries...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I don’t want my friends to reveal my positions to my enemies.
66.67%
6 66.67%
I don’t want my friends to conceal the positions of my enemies when asked.
33.33%
3 33.33%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-06-27 Star Map Cities, Star Map Search, Star Map XML Nerf

So if I'm reading this right, is there no such thing as emissions and detections at all anymore? I'm wondering if there should be a way to keep track of established neutral locations - if you've actually visited a city surely that city should always remain in your map: possibly even after it's ceased to exist, unless you visit again? Does this update mean my star map will forget places I've been to like the Hazeron system or Babylon etc.? I suppose in some cases I'd remember the names.

Also, we may now need new ways to track down griefers and nomadic empires. Perhaps there should be some ways to follow spacecraft at a greater distance and for a longer time after they've left the system.

I've yet to look at the star map search but thanks for getting that together so quickly. It might be useful to download some of the third party tools yourself to see what kind of thing people have been doing with them?

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019-06-27 Star Map Cities, Star Map Search, Star Map XML Nerf - by Vectorus - 06-27-2019, 09:16 PM