Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2018-06-25 Starvation and Suffocation
Starvation and Suffocation
Cities in harsh environments do not import food or air. This results in huge morale penalties, threatening suffocation and starvation.

Made several changes here.
  • Cantinas, Retail Stores and Groceries now import stuff if they have no workers, in a harsh environment. In a habitable environment, these buildings require a worker to import things.
  • Airport Terminal and Military Air Base now import air, in a harsh environment. They import hydrogen and gasoline in all environments.
  • Capitol and Military HQ now import air, in a harsh environment. They import food and medical supplies in all environments.
Police Office Bug
The building code says a police station only requires one office but it doesn't work if you make one with only one office.

Fixed an error calculating the jurisdiction area, when less than two offices was decided to be an error.

Overworked Penalty Includes Service Jobs
In a recent update, the overworked morale penalty was change so it did not include service jobs in the determination. This results in unworked jobs without any notice to the player.

Overworked penalty was changed back to check all jobs, not just manufacturing and professional jobs. The purpose of the morale modifier is to alert the player when not all jobs are getting work.

Building HP Clutter
The hit points number next to the building icon in top-down view is overpowering.

Building hit points are no longer displayed on undamaged buildings.
(06-25-2018, 09:04 PM)Haxus Wrote: Overworked Penalty Includes Service Jobs
In a recent update, the overworked morale penalty was change so it did not include service jobs in the determination. This results in unworked jobs without any notice to the player.

Overworked penalty was changed back to check all jobs, not just manufacturing and professional jobs. The purpose of the morale modifier is to alert the player when not all jobs are getting work.
I am not actually sure what those different job types are. Really need some help updating the city wiki page with some of this information.

I was wondering if morale buildings shouldn't maybe automatically calculate how many jobs it need to use depending on the population. So you don't have a huge waste when you make a massive morale building. But I guess that would just make calculating jobs harder for the average player.

(06-25-2018, 09:04 PM)Haxus Wrote: Building HP Clutter
The hit points number next to the building icon in top-down view is overpowering.

Building hit points are no longer displayed on undamaged buildings.
Not really what I had in mind for this, but i like it!

I still do think that maybe the health (when visible) shouldn't be more than three digits. Round the numbers as follows:
Code:
46M
1B
Don't even have to show the maximum health, just how much is remaining. Change the colow from green to yellow to red as health decreases.

Have the whole building icon turn red when the building is burning or melting (acid), maybe flashing between red and normal.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo