Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biodomes? Maybe Soon!
Hazeron Monthly News! Special Edition!

Biodomes? Maybe Soon!
We are all still waiting for the day we can be freed from the hash environment penalty and hopefully soon we can find cover with Biodomes! After April's last update we heard from Haxus on the in-game Galactic chat:
Quote:Haxus
  Biodomes are the topic of the day now.

Haxus
  They should be fairly easy to implement.

Haxus
  Then platforms, fences and walls.
That's right. It looks to be quite likely that Biodomes are in the works and we may soon have some relief from the inhospitable air of our harsh colonies. While unconfirmed some images have been found on the gallery that may be WIP images of such domes!
[Image: Biodome2.png]
[Image: Biodome3.png]
[Image: Biodome4.png]

We can see a light on top the dome, entry points along the walls, and it appears some lifting of terrain around the edges of the domes.

There is also an image of a biodome on a moon showing plant life in them

[Image: Biodome5.png]

As well as underwater with a lovely barren view

[Image: Biodome1.png]

Can't wait to get our hands/paws/pinchers/flippers on these!

Platforms?
The other exciting bit from this news is the mention of walls, fences, and platforms being next. Walls, fences, and Biodomes all have spots in the construction menu at this time but there is currently no home for platforms. Walls and fences have existed in the past to my knowledge so they should behave as expected once we see them.
We where also told of "floating platforms" in the past with the new building update so perhaps these are the platforms Haxus mentioned.

Deantwo mentions:
(05-05-2019, 08:45 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Platforms are supposedly gonna be like artificial islands or even floating islands we can construct, and then make cities on them. So we can make cities on lava or in the air. This will be even more useful for gas giants, so we can make cloud cities.

We don't have too many details on Space Elevators either, but Haxus said it would likely be a building with a tether up to a space station. Rather this space station is build at the Space Elevators or separately we don't know, but sounds simple enough. Having multiple Space Elevators buildings with tethers up to the same space station would be pretty cool way of traveling.

Along side "floating platforms" is "Space Elevators" which the wiki also lists as unimplemented. While an elevator to space could prove quite useful, with airports having  functional teleporters now they seem redundant. We'll see what Haxus offers us in the future though, as if teleporters ever require commodities to function then a space elevator may be a better high traffic option.

We do also have the Drilling Rig building still unimplemented as well so perhaps we'll soon hear more info about them.

As for now. That is all for this Special Edition. See you all again at the end of the month for the full Monthly News Post.
Haven't heard from Haxus how biodomes will be implemented. But I expect it to me something we have to design, and then can place buildings inside. Hopefully buildings inside a biodome won't require life-support, but again Haxus hasn't confirmed anything yet.

(05-05-2019, 07:30 PM)Oggal Wrote: Platforms?
The other exciting bit from this news is the mention of walls, fences, and platforms being next. Walls, fences, and Biodomes all have spots in the construction menu at this time but there is currently no home for platforms. Walls and fences have existed in the past to my knowledge so they should behave as expected once we see them. We do have the Drilling Rig building still unimplemented as well so perhaps we'll soon hear more info about them. We where also told of "floating platforms" in the past with the new building update so perhaps these are the platforms Haxus mentioned.

Platforms are supposedly gonna be like artificial islands or even floating islands we can construct, and then make cities on them. So we can make cities on lava or in the air. This will be even more useful for gas giants, so we can make cloud cities.

Have not heard anything about how or if Drilling Rig building will be implemented.

No word on walls and fences, but they sound simple enough.

(05-05-2019, 07:30 PM)Oggal Wrote: Along side "floating platforms" is "Space Elevators" which the wiki also lists as unimplemented. While an elevator to space could prove quite useful, with airports having  functional teleporters now they seem redundant. We'll see what Haxus offers us in the future though, as if teleporters ever require commodities to function then a space elevator may be a better high traffic option.

We don't have too many details on Space Elevators either, but Haxus said it would likely be a building with a tether up to a space station. Rather this space station is build at the Space Elevators or separately we don't know, but sounds simple enough. Having multiple Space Elevators buildings with tethers up to the same space station would be pretty cool way of traveling.

An orbital ring instead of a single station would be awesome. *hint hint*
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Thank you for the excellent information Dean. I'll try to update the OP next time I'm at my computer!
We are the Dreadknought Conspiracy. Please discard all further questions.