Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Old Style City Nerf
Old style cities are going to be deleted.
What if I turned all the old cities into a capitol building of a new city?
I suppose that might be good...when will this happen? Can officers deployed from those cities get immunity from suicide? I have some important stuff stashed in one or two cities as static items. I'd like to grab them before this happens - I imagine they'll be hard to find otherwise, though the capitol thing would help.

Could you launch new-style ships stored in the cities into docked orbit if they are currently in hangars?

Will our spawn tie locations still work? People could get stranded otherwise.
(04-05-2019, 07:05 PM)Haxus Wrote: Old style cities are going to be deleted.

Just after I got the population of my capital changed back into my species.
I better get some pictures of my capital city I guess.

(04-05-2019, 07:15 PM)Haxus Wrote: What if I turned all the old cities into a capitol building of a new city?

Very interesting idea, kinda useful as a way of turning them into monuments.
How detailed would you be able to make them? Homes and storage space equal to the original?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Just nuke them. It would be good to have the universe cleaned up a little.
(04-05-2019, 08:21 PM)expert700 Wrote: Just nuke them. It would be good to have the universe cleaned up a little.

True most of them are of no importance, especially if they lose their production capabilities.
But a it might be nice for a few notable landmarks, such as some of the oldest cities in the universe or capitals of major empires.
Quote:when will this happen?
Soon but there is no rush. I started this thread to guage the feedback, to determine when it could be done.

It is something that really should be done before publishing on Steam.

A tremendous amount of decrepit decaying moldy old code could be removed, a rare and glorious event.
(04-06-2019, 12:18 AM)Haxus Wrote:
Quote:when will this happen?
Soon but there is no rush. I started this thread to guage the feedback, to determine when it could be done.

I would prefer after Easter holidays.
Everyone else?
I have a lot of preferences, The first? Next Thursday? Last day of next month? It's a shame we don't have a more regular update/news schedule, could get it next Universe Status report...

Of course, having no old cities in my empire, I don't hold much vote. I just want the menu buttons gone.

I also don't see much reason to keep them. I'd say set a date, and on that day, wipe all old cities from the universe.
(04-06-2019, 07:37 PM)Oggal Wrote: I just want the menu buttons gone.

You can hide the buttons from the side-menu buttons in: Settings -> Overlay, uncheck the "Construction, Obsolete" and "City, Obsolete" options in the On Screen Buttons list.
I requested that those be hidden by default a while back, but Haxus said it would be too hard for little gain, which I agreed with if they are being removed anyway.